preface

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

may 24, 1972
10:00 am

— The airport was booming with people, everyone rushing into California for the start of summer break, sunglasses perched on their nose and beach hats placed on-top of their heads.

Harry was sat on a bench near passenger pick-up, his hefty suitcase and duffle adjacent to him as he waits for his good friend Niall to pick him up.

The last couple of months has been difficult for Harry, ever since he his step-father Robin passed away in October, he's been lost.

Not even the adorable letters from his pretty cherry could make him feel better.

Around April was when he found himself sending letters to Bambi once again, Harry finally feeling like his old self as he sent her mail once a week like he used to.

Although, despite his constant letters he never received anything back from the doe.

The last letter Harry received from Bambi was back in February, one filled with her multiple red kiss marks because it was the day of celebrating love, Valentine's day.

To my darling Harry,

Hi, Happy Valentines Day, sunshine! Today, I wore your heart-shaped glasses because well, I miss you and this day all about hearts, right?? Anyways, If you see this I hope you have a beautiful day full of love and butterflies and all things pretty. I love and miss you so much.

from,
you're butterfly.

It was definitely one of his favorite's from her, the darker stain in the corner from the spray of strawberry perfume being the reason.

Harry kept each and every letter she sent him, anytime he missed the little berry he would read them over and over again until the pain subsided.

"Hey mate!" He hears the Irish accent, Harry lifting his head to see Niall yelling out the open window of his new Datsun 240Z. Harry grins, standing up while collecting his duffle bag and suitcase.

"Hello Niall!" He greets, Niall stumbling out of his automobile to give Harry a hug and to help with his luggage. "How was the flight?" Niall questions as he pops the boot open, trying to lift the two bags into the trunk. Harry laughs and helps him with one of the bags before closing the boot shut. "Pretty nice! Long though." He sighs before adding, "One day they better make that shit shorter because I swear at one point I was going la la." Harry complains and Niall chuckles.

They get inside the car, Harry taking the passenger seat as Niall begins to drive towards his house. "Are ya excited to be back in the California heat?" Niall asks before he snaps his fingers against the steering wheel. "Oh! How about that dolly of yours? Is that still going on?" He says and Harry flushes at the thought of his sweet girl.

"Bambi? Of course. You know she's my girl. " Harry answers as he pulls out a toothpick, picking out the crappy airplane food from between his teeth.

"Speaking of the berry" He hums as he bends down to his duffle bag, pulling out a square box. "What's that?" Niall inquired as he takes a quick glance to the left to see what Harry was doing.

"This pretty charm bracelet I got for m'girl, ya think she'll like it?" Harry says and opens the box, revealing the silver bracelet with 5 charms.

A flower, a sun, a moon, a bunny and a single butterfly being the charms.

"Tha's real cute. She'll love it!" Niall responds and turns out of the airport, Harry putting the bracelet back away into the box and into his bag.

"You know what, can you just take me straight to Bambi's place? I don't think I can wait another day" Harry questions and Niall nods his head, asking for her address while Harry gives the directions to Mr. and Mrs. Petal's sweet cottage.

Oh, how he can't wait to to see his petal.

___

So that's the preface! Hope you guys enjoyed!

Please let me know what you think!

Also, ya'll ain't ready for what's coming- oops I said too much.

Haha anyways, I love you guys! Thank you for reading

- chanel <3