ten

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

may 25, 1972
6:45 pm

The rain padded against the glass window of Bambi's van as Harry drives to Mr. and Mrs. Petal's cottage, the butterfly watching the neighborhoods and convenience stores pass by in a quick blur.

Heartbroken wasn't nearly the correct word to describe how Bambi felt, this not even being close to the heartache she felt when her lover left California last year.

This emotion is something Bambi has never really felt before.

Insecure? Used? Not enough?

The fairy has never been described as a confident girl, boldness being something she's always lacked since day one. Though, she was never insecure. The doe knows she's as pretty as a newly bloomed sunflower but in this moment, she felt like one of the dead autumn leaves that fell off the trees when it neared winter.

Something Harry has never made her feel like.

After she spotted her boyfriend and "friend" locking lips she fled to her car, Matthew stopping the kiss and seeing Bambi running away in the complete opposite direction. He also didn't fail to notice Harry and the unbelievably pissed-off look on his face, Matt immediately rushing away after he saw Harry take a single step towards them.

Now the two of them sat mute, the low hum from the radio and the rattle of the car's engine being the only noises keeping them from complete silence.

Harry definitely wasn't over the moon about what he just witnessed either, his heart breaking for the pretty girl. As much as he wanted to be with Bambi, he never wished for this to happen.

Harry hears a small sniffle when he parks the car in Thomas and Angela's driveway, deciding to place his large hand on top of Bambi's that rests in her lap.

The petal looks over to him and Harry sighs when he gets a glimpse of her, cobalt eyes watery and her face a splotchy red from the tears that stained her soft cheeks. "I'm sorry, B-" but before he can finish Bambi launches herself onto him, her arms thrown around his neck as she softly sobs into his shoulder. Harry returns the hug without question and begins to rub her back in a comforting way, muttering "shhh's" and "I'm here." over and over.

__

may 26, 1972
7:50 pm

The pink princess phone placed on Bambi's bedside table hasn't stopped ringing since after dinner last night- the doe finally getting tired of the shrill ring when she ripped the the plug out of the wall jack.

It was without a doubt Matt calling her, maybe a few of the calls being from Carolina or Sky since they had plans to go for a dip in her pond today.

Bambi didn't want a single thing to do with the Matthew or Venus, feeling betrayed enough and not in the mood to hear the bullshit apologies.

Who knows how long something has been going on between them.

Currently the pretty girl lays in her twin bed, covers up to her shoulders as she ponders over what she did wrong to make Matt go after another.

She knew Matthew was always waiting for her to take the next step in the relationship, the touching around the top of her thighs and the constant want to see her bare making it clear he wanted to be more intimate with her.

Now it makes her think that's the only reason he wanted to be with her and once he didn't get anything more than a single kiss, he ran off to Venus who could give him everything he wants.

That thought hurt more than anything.

Is that all I'm good for? Bambi questions herself, her stomach stirring as she thinks about if Harry has ever thought that.

Harry.

The pretty babe automatically sits up, reaching for the phone cord and plugging it back into the wall phone jack. She picks up the phone and dials Niall's home phone, hoping it hasn't changed since August.

It rings for a moment or two before an Irish accent answers, "Hello?" and Bambi whispers a "thank lord". 

"Hi Niall, It's um- It's Bambi" She responds, her voice dry and cracked from the lack of water in her system.

"Oh hey, Bambi! What's rad, fuzzy?" Niall questions the girl, Bambi replying with, "nothin' much really. Is harry around?"

"'Course! The wanker never leaves. Sad life really." He jokes and Bambi laughs, hearing Niall shout for Harry.

"Gotta warn ya though, fuzzy. He's been in a bit of a pissy mood. Sure he'll be happy to hear from you though."

"Thanks for the warning, Niall" The doe smiles as she hears the phone being unsuccessfully passed, the echo of it hitting the floor and a muffled "shit!" in the background. "Good job. Very smooth." Bambi also hears from Niall, a light slap noise following and a whine.

"Hellooo?" The butterfly drags out as she listens to the phone being picked up. "Hey, B. Everything all right after yesterday?" Harry asks concerned, ruffling his hair as he adjusts the suspenders on his shoulders. "Um yeah I guess." Bambi clears her throat and Harry sighs, not convinced with that answer. "Don't lie to me." He says before adding, "M'here for you, okay? You can talk to me, darling."

Bambi huffs out a breath she didn't know she was holding as she clutches the phone to her ear, swallowing nervously while she picks at her blanket.

"C-can you maybe like come over? Or can you come pick me up." She asks, Harry surprised by her question.

"Of course, B. I'll be over in fifteen."

_

Hi! Yes, another short chapter. I'm sorryyy :(

I feel like I could've added more but I honestly just wanter to leave it right there! Hope you guys understand <3

Also, I'm screaming on how you guys we're happy on what Matthew did. Literally hilarious. But we gotta feel bad for Bambi :( Fuck Matthew period.

Anyways!! Hope you guys enjoyed! Let me know if you did.

I love you guys so much, thank you for reading!

— chanel <3