six

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

may 25, 1972
1:00 pm

The zoo is just like Bambi thought it would be, a beautiful kingdom of animals and greenery. She constantly heard animalistic noises from every corner, whether it be the growls of a tiger or the light 'whos' of an owl. 

She absolutely loved it.

Bambi and Harry have been at the zoo for nearly an hour now, the place being over crowded with crude tourists who Harry was nearly ready to fight.

A boorish man quite literally pushed the pretty suckle to the floor, not even apologizing and making some rubbish excuse like 'the panda sneezed'.

Bambi had to hold Harry back from smashing his face into the concrete beneath them.

Well now they both wander down a quiet path, arms linked together as if they were childhood best friends.

Harry knew exactly where to take her next, a fascinating spot that he fell in love with when he was last here with Niall.

"I'm gonna cover your eyes now. Is that alright?" Harry questions as he unlocks his arm from her's, Bambi turning to him with a slight nod. "Thas' fine." She sheepishly answers with a small smile, Harry grinning back before stepping behind her. He slowly covers her eyes, the two large palms making her vision black as he guides her to a certain greenhouse, one he knows she's gonna adore.

Harry shifts over his left hand to cover both eyes as his right hand goes to open the door, Bambi smiling as she prepares herself for what Harry is planning.

A few more steps and they were inside, Bambi noticing the temperature change right away, it being a couple degrees warmer.

"Harry where are we?" Bambi asks and grips onto his wrists, trying to pull his hands off so she can finally see.

"Wait." He states as he turns her small body to a angle, stopping once he found the perfect one.

"Okay. 3, 2, 1" Harry counts down and slowly removes his hands, Bambi's eyes squinting as they adjust to the brightness.

Once they focus she lets out holds in a breath, the sight before her being absolutely stunning.

It's a butterfly garden.

There are florets, trees, and plants filling the place and of course, butterflies of all sorts swarmed the greenhouse elegantly.

"Oh my." She sighs in awe, never seeing so many diverse butterflies in her life. Blue, orange, yellow, green, and even a few morphos flew around around the doe.

"I know right- it's magnificent" Harry contently sighs, slowly holding out his index finger. Bambi looked over to him slightly confused but gasps once she sees a butterfly land on his finger, as if it was a perch.

Harry laughs under his breath, his forest eyes sparkling as the butterfly flys off his finger and joins the rest of them.

"How do you do that?" Bambi whispers and Harry looks down at her, grabbing the puppy's hand.

"So you jus' wanna hold out a finger" He begins as he lifts her arm, Bambi sticking out her index finger just like Harry did moments before. He nods his head, letting go of her arm before mumbling a "Then keep calm. Although, it may take a second, butterflies are shy inse-"

Harry couldn't finish his sentence before a blue morpho butterfly lands not on her finger- but her button nose instead. Bambi inhales, a soft giggle slipping from her lips as she keeps calm.

Harry was stunned at the sight he was witnessing, the delicate berry being absolutely angelic. Her doe eyes wide, plush stained lips parted as Harry holds in a breath. He quickly reaches for Bambi's camera, taking a quick photo with the flash.

As the photo develops, the butterfly flaps it's large sapphire wings and flys away, Bambi pouting slightly it parts. She flitters her fingers as a wave goodbye to the insect, Harry tucking the polaroid into his pocket so he can keep it for himself.

"Wow."

_

1:30 pm

The two of them were back in the bunny's van no more than thirty minutes later, Bambi non-stop rambling about the butterflies and giraffes.

Harry drives as he listens to each word she has to say, resisting to put his hand on her thigh as he clutches the wheel.

"I suspect butterflies like me more than you. No offense of course." Bambi jokes around and Harry's jaw drops dramatically, the doe giggling at him.

"Someone's gettin' quite cocky eh? Better calm down with what's coming next." Harry remarks and Bambi raises her eyesbrows, curious on what's to come.

"Where we going then Harry?" Bambi questions, moving her legs so they rest on top of his lap.

"You'll see, B. Just be patient, it's only a bit more away."

__

Hi! I'm so sorry for the short chapter :(

I just rather upload this then not update until tomorrow, I'm quite busy all day today.

But I hope you enjoyed!

Let me know what you think please!

I love you all so much.

— chanel <3