twenty eight

- The Final Chapter -

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

august 29, 1972
7:00 pm

It's a warm summer evening where the sun was ready to kiss the world goodnight- the sky a milky way of vibrant orange and pink while Harry sits against the flourishing willow tree, his fingers gently plucking at the strings of a guitar.

Bambi watched from the bay window of their kitchen, completely captivated in seeing his arms slightly flex with each strum of the instrument. As she watches him, a feeling of nostalgia and familiarity burns in her heart, remembering the time not so long ago when he was just the handsome visitor who was taking care of her garden for the summer.

The doe opens a single glass pane and was welcomed with the fresh air and the usual California breeze. Bambi spots birds on the branches of trees, who were chirping rather loudly. She also saw the mysterious man Harry working out in the garden, this day making it a week since he's been here.

He's watering the tall flower bushes with a hose while whistling a fun tune the flower was not familiar with. Bambi decides to lays on the window bed, on her stomach, resting her head in her arms on the seal of the window as she takes a long stare at the attractive man.

Harry can sense someone's stare so as he turns to water the plants behind him- he catches Bambi staring from the upstairs window, a delight grin on her lips. He smiles at her and waves at the pretty girl, noticing her face flush a strawberry red as she waves back at him.

Oh how far they have come.

The puppy shakes herself out of the trance, grabbing her cup of ice water as she exits the kitchen and out the front door- Harry tearing his gaze away from the guitar and craning his neck to see his pretty girl wander over. She sits down on the first step up to their porch, taking a sip of the water as Harry beams. "What?" Bambi questions with a small smile, Harry shaking his head as he places the guitar down on the grass, "M'just happy. That's all, baby."

"Yeah? Me too." The peach sings and places the glass beside her, watching as her lover's lips turn up while she twists the jewelry on her left ring finger. Harry grins before grabbing Bambi's hips, pulling her over and onto his lap- the fairy squealing, "what we're you playing just now? It sounded lovely."

"You heard?" He asks and Bambi nods her head, Harry slightly blushing while scratching the back of his neck, "just something I've been working on- nothing much really."

"I doubt that. I loved what I heard." The pretty girl tells him, "you're extremely talented, Harry. I can't wait to hear it when it's finished." Harry grins before hiding his face in her neck, placing a kiss on her collarbone. Bambi laughs when he sits back up, slotting their lips together for a gentle kiss.

"I love you." The puppy says as she pulls back, Harry leaning forward a placing one quick kiss before mumbling, "I love you more."

-

"I love you so much, Bambi. I cherish you every fucking day and think about you every single moment. I love you so god damn much, flower."

"I love you with everything I have, Harry."

-