twenty two

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

may 29, 1972
8:03 pm

The sun was kissing the horizon- a hint of pineapple and pomegranate mixing together to create a beautiful crepuscular. The air was warm and stunk of sulfur, the seaweed from the nearby seashore being the cause.

Harry was still sat on the end of the cargo bed, his head downwards watching as his legs kick out- hitting the license plate lightly every so often as they swing.

Bambi and Gemma have yet to return- Harry feeling even more guilty and embarrassed with each passing second, a sense of worry clouding his brain as well when he thinks of his petal.

Does she hate me now?

Is she scared of me?

Is she embarrassed of me?

The thoughts made him even more disappointed in himself- being so caught up in his own hatred for Matthew that he beat him up even though the angel that stood beside him wanted the exact opposite.

That's when he heard the slight pitter patter of mary janes, the sound making his head snap up in record time- seeing Bambi walking towards him with pouty lips and a puffy face.

The sight made his heart ache, clearly noticing how Gemma kept her close in her arms- a comforting position Harry has used on her oh so many times.

Gemma looks to Harry and back to Bambi- deciding on it's best for them to talk alone for a moment. She let's go off her grip on the butterfly and sends her small smile before joining Harry's friends in the truck.

It was silent- an awkward drowning period that only made their hearts quicken nervously, Bambi still hugging onto the bear that Harry won her nearly an hour ago.

"Baby-" He starts off- his voice cracky whilst the fairy wanders closer to him, standing between where his legs part. "M'sorry. So sorry, Bambi. I know you didn't want me to do anythin' to him but I-I had too. I hated the way he was treatin' ya- like you're some kind of toy that gets passed around." Harry says and he could already feel his blood boil again just at the thought. "I'm sorry if I scared ya, petal. O-or if I embarrassed you." Bambi's eyes water while she shakes her head quickly, her lip quivering as she glances down the her toes for a moment, trying to control herself before looking back at him with big, round doe eyes.

"No-no, never, Harry." She swallows, "I was just worried about you. I'd never be embarrassed or scared of you. I know that you were just trying to protect me back there.." Bambi hums and looks behind her to the carnival, her dry eyes stinging as it takes in the last peek of sunlight of the day. "I-I just love you so much so the thought that you could've been hurt or get a punishment from the security is what scared me the most- that's all."

Harry's heart warms and slows as she finishes- the words she spilt being the exact thing he needed to hear from her as he tugs on her waist, pulling her closer before pressing his lips onto her's.

"Ayo lovebirds! Y'all are sorta occupying the cargo bed and we gots to bounce." They hear from behind them, seeing Scott leaning out the driver's window with his hands cupped over his mouth.

"Fuckin, Scotty." Harry mumbles under his breath which causes Bambi to giggle- the man turning around and shouting back at his friend. "Ya such a good friend, you know?"

Scotty rolls his eyes before getting back into his truck, Harry hopping off the trunk and shutting it close- the vehicle scurrying away only moments after.

"Kay.. I should probably get you home, puppy." He mentions as they walk towards his car- the darling nodding her head and remembering to call her friends when she gets home.

"Oh and Bambi?" Harry hums and Bambi looks up at him. "Yeah?"

"I love you too, baby."

_

June 6, 1972
8:00 pm

It's been a week since the summer fair fight- the seven days feeling like twenty because it's also been a week since the last time Bambi has seen Harry.

It's not because they didn't want to see each other because trust me, they did. It's simply just because they didn't have the time. Harry has taken a job as a florist at a nearby flower shop and Bambi well- just hasn't had the time to seen him due to the working.

At first, she didn't want him to take the job because she knew this was gonna happen- but when Harry told her it's so he can save up money to buy a place here, the doe was all for it.

"Whatcha up to, sugar pup?" Harry questions Bambi over the line- his voice hoarse as he tucks the phone between his shoulder and ear, making it easier to shuffle through the kitchen drawers.

"Nothin' much! Just got done watering the garden. What about you?" The petal answers and Harry sighs when he finds the lighter, grabbing it so he can light the joint Scott rolled for him.

"That's good, sunshine. I just got home from the shop." He answers as he lights the doobie, his hands cupping over the flame so the wind from the window doesn't blow it out. "M'planning on cooking somethin' up for dinner- I don't know what yet." Harry finishes as he tosses the lighter back into the drawer, taking a hit as the pretty baby hums over the line. "Ooo sounds fun- I wish I can be there."

Harry can't see her but he can tell the pretty girl is pouting- making a frown appear on his lips as well.

"Tomorrow, baby. You'll see me tomorrow, I promise." He mumbles and Bambi bites down on her lip- beyond excited to see her lover again.

"Okay well I gotta go, Bambi. Niall wants to take over the phone." He sighs and Bambi whines playfully- kicking her legs like a stubborn child on her bed.

Harry chuckles at his baby before taking another hit- exhaling out the cloud of grey as he coos, "m'sorry, B."

"It's okayy." She drags out while her finger messes with the curly cord. "I love you."

"I love you more." He returns, a smile on his lips.

__

Hey!

Kinda a short chapter but I hope you guys enjoyed!

Sorry for not updating! I was on a trip so I was really busy and didn't have the time to write :(

Also, please stay safe. Stay inside, wash your hands, keep good hygiene and take care of yourself.

Another thing, I made a new cover for the story! Do you guys like it?? Please let me know xx

I love you all so much and thank you so much for reading. Please let me know what you thought and I to see you guys soon. xx

— chanel <3