eleven

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

may 26, 1972
8:05 pm

The mixture of sweet lilac and lavender fills Bambi's room due to the candles she lit moments ago, the pretty baby staring into the black sky full of dazzling stars.

Bambi has been constantly checking the clock on her dresser for the past fifteen minutes, eager to hear a knock on her front door echo throughout her house.

She was quite nervous to talk to Harry, knowing this conversation will inevitably end up awkward to talk about. Although, Bambi is mostly just excited to see him again.

Just as the angel was about to check the ticking clock once more, she hears a light thud come from her window. Bambi looks through the lace curtains to see Harry standing in her backyard, one hand adjusting his tan suspenders whilst the other holds a handful of pebbles. Bambi shakes her head as she laughs at Harry, him sending a bright grin that made his dimples pop.

The butterfly opens one of the glass panes and pushes the window wider, hearing the soothing melody from the crickets that takeover the garden at night.

"Hey, B." Harry smiles before tossing the remaining pebbles on to the floor, wiping his sweaty hands on the back of his flared trousers. "Cliché don't you think, H?" Bambi giggles while Harry chuckles, shaking his curly head before pushing a hand through his locks. "I was trying to be cute and you're ruining it." He flushes with a pout and Bambi bites back a smile as she looks down at him.

"So...how are you getting up here?" The butterfly questions as Harry scratches the back of his neck, looking at the area around him before shrugging his shoulders. "I didn't think that far."

"Oh."

"Yeah.."

"Well-"

"Stop being awkward." He whispers and Bambi raises her eyebrows, Harry noticing her shocked expression right away.

"Did I say that out loud?" He grimaces with an embarrassed smile as Bambi laughs.

"Maybe.."

"Oh- nice." Harry coughs as his necks heats up, humiliated that he's acting like a thirteen year old on his first date. "I can let you in through the back doors?" The doe questions slowly and Harry nods his head, Bambi smiling before backing away from the window and shutting it behind her.

"I'm an idiot." Harry sighs as he puts his face in his hands, dragging his palms down his face with a groan. "Great plan you had there, Harry." He mutters to himself before wandering towards the french doors, seeing Bambi descend down the stairs through the glass.

All the lights in the house were off besides Bambi's bedroom, Harry automatically assuming Angela and Thomas were off to bed.

He hears the door unlock before it opens, the french door creaking as the butterfly steps aside, inviting him in. "Hiya, Harry." Bambi sings lowly as Harry steps inside, closing the door behind him before any warm air sneaks in from outside. "Hey, B."

Bambi offers him a glass of water which Harry accepts before she leads him upstairs to her room quietly, Harry hearing the sound of television coming from Mr. and Mrs. Petal's bedroom when they pass.

When they enter the flower's room Harry was instantly hit with the heavenly floral smell, nostalgia taking over from the familiar scent. 

"Just the same as before I left." Harry mutters as he places his cup of water down, his fingers lightly skimming her nightstand where the lava lamp and heart sunglasses he got her sat, butterflies erupting in Harry's stomach as he smiles.

"Yeah- nothin' much has changed." Bambi explains before hopping onto a large bean bag in the corner of her room. "Besides this— this is new."

Harry glances behind him to see the berry sinking into a white bean bag, it resembling the one they nestled on at Niall's place when they watched the Disney classic, Bambi.

"Ooo I dig it. It matches the theme you got going around 'ere." He hums and Bambi flushes red, sitting up straight as Harry leans against the foot of her bed, gripping the cream wood. "What ya want to talk about, B? We got all night." Harry gets straight to it whilst checking his watch, Bambi letting out a groan before flopping back onto the comfortable sac. "That's what ya called me over here for, right? I mean we don't have to talk about what happened yesterday.. I'm just worried about you."

Bambi looks down in her laps as she fiddles with her fingers, taking a deep breath as she gets brave enough to ask, "Did ya only like me for my- um body?" Harry's eyes widen as she rushes out the question, him shaking his head. "No, never- Of course not, Bambi. Why would you think that?" He frowns as he pushes off the foot of the bed, standing up straight as he walks towards her. "I-I don't know. Like I know you're better than that but after what happened with Matt..." She stumbles over her words as her eyes start to slightly sting, Harry taking a seat on the bean bag with her.

"I'm so sorry for what he did to you, B. You didn't deserve that at all, okay? A fucking dickhead is what he is and he's absolutely mad to ever mistreat you like that. You Bambi, deserve the sun and more and a guy like Matthew- can not give you that. I'd say be grateful you found out his true colors before you got to deep into the relationship." Harry explains to Bambi as she continues her stare into her lap. "And Venus?" He adds, the butterfly looking up to him as he continues. "Fake isn't she? She was so unfair and had no right to go behind your back and betray you like that." He fumes while Bambi nods her head silently.

"Thank you, Harry." The petal chimes before going in to hug him, Harry returning the hug back immediately as she sniffles into his shirt. "Anytime, B." He comforts, rubbing circles on her back as Bambi smiles against his chest. "Nobody is hurting you ever again."

They sat there silently as Bambi slowly calms down, her sniffling stopping after a minute or two before she speaks up.

"Harry?"

"Yes, B?"

"I thought your little plan was cute." The peach admits and it takes Harry a moment to realize what she meant.

__

hiiii.

How are you guys?? It hasn't been too long because I finally sucked it up and finished this in one sitting.

Did you guys enjoy this chapter? I hope so because I mean- I quite like it? I kinda made Harry an awkward dork in the beginning of the chapter but it was so soft and I missed them two.

Sooo, Bambi and Harry?? Who knows what's gonna happen with them next?

I do! Muahaha

Okay well I'm clearly going cocou (ahah.. get it?) ANYWAYS, it's too late for me to be up and I need to get myself to bed.

I love you guys and hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please let me know if you did by commenting, voting or blah blah blah.

— chanel <3