three

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

may 24, 1972
7:45 pm

Harry left Bambi's cottage a little after their talk, conflicted on how to feel about the situation.

It was simply miscommunication between the two of them. Harry stopped sending letters and Bambi was too busy assuming things.

Currently, Harry stands in Niall's kitchen, a glass of whiskey in hand as he leans onto the counter, reading over a few letters from Bambi.

"Miss ya more than anything."

"Counting down the days till you come back."

"I love you, Harry. So much."

"I watched willy wonka in the chocolate factory yesterday! Reminded me of you"

"How have you been? I haven't heard from you"

"Harryyyyy. I miss you and your sweet words."

"Please write me back when you can."

Harry finishes the drink with one last gulp, the burn from the strong drink making him grimace as he puts down the glass cup.

Bambi explained to Harry that she took up the Matthew's offer of a date so she can move on just like she thought Harry did.

She also said that her and Matthew only shared a single kiss together, nothing more. Which honestly made Harry feel a bit relieved, but the thought of her lips against another's still stung.

Then after that was cleared up, the two just talked. Catching up with one another as if they were close friends.

Now, Harry sighs as he searches through his pockets, picking out the charm bracelet that felt so heavy since he found out about his flower's lover. He lays the piece of jewelry on top of the letters, leaving it there because he has yet found out what to do with it.

Throw it out? Nope. He spent way too much money on it for it to go to waste.

Give it to her as a late christmas gift? Perhaps.

Give it to his mum? Maybe.

Wait it out? Maybe she'll come back to me? Bingo!

Harry sets the glass down in the sink, washing it out with water before he decides to go to bed.

He opens up the door to the room he previously stayed in, seeing his luggage ready in there on the bed.

I'll have to say thank you to Niall. Harry thinks as he walked in, glancing around the room to see it was the exact same as he left it.

Last time he was in this room he took Bambi's flower, the memories flooding through his head as though it was yesterday. He remembers every detail from that night and the morning after, never able to forget how he was ambushed when a cupcake was pushed into his face.

He lightly smiles at the memory and takes off his coat before tossing it onto a nearby chair, ready to hit the hay after this very long day.