Chapter 1

Izuku's POV~

"I'm sorry sweetheart, I know you were looking forward to spending some time together this summer." My mother's guilty sounding voice rang though from the other end of the receiver.

"It's fine mom, I get it. I can just stay at the dorms this summer. I'll even be able to get some extra training in. I wonder what teachers will be around over the break. Would any of them be willing to help me with training? Are any of my classmates staying behind as well? Would they train with me?" I was starting to mumble, trying to devise the perfect training schedule for the long summer break I'd now be spending at UA.

I was originally supposed to go back home for the break, just like everyone else. My mom called me a few days before the scheduled move date, and said she'd just found out a friend had booked them a three month long Europe trip and that I'd have to stay at the dorms for the summer.

I wasn't upset with her. It wasn't her idea in the first place, beside she deserved a vacation. I could totally handle staying at the dorms.

"About that Izuku, Mitsuki is the one taking me on the trip, which means that Katsuki will be staying at the dorms with you."

Scratch that, maybe I couldn't handle it.

Bakugou's POV~

"Listen here brat," The old hag greeted as soon as I accepted her call, "You're gonna have to stay at the dorms this summer, I'm going out of town with Inko." She said gruffly.

I wasn't really surprised, my mom had been trying to plan this trip for a few years now.

"Fine." I said and hung up.

I didn't yell or anything, because it honestly didn't matter to me. If I'm being completely honest, I liked the dorm better than my house anyway. Since it was summer, no one else would be here, so I wouldn't have to deal with any annoying extras all summer long. Not a half bad way to spend three months.

My phone buzzed, indicating I got a message.

Hag~
Izuku's staying to. Play nice.

Well fuck, there goes the peaceful break I was imagining.

Todoroki's POV~

"I'm not coming home over break. I'm staying here for training purposes." I said, my usual monotone voice staying steady.

"You can train at home." My father shot back.

"There's actual training facilities here, plus staff. This is the better option if I want to stay ahead in my class." I said, not actually caring where I ranked in 1-A.

I couldn't careless about training. I probably wouldn't even do a lot over the break, just enough to stay in shape. I just didn't want to go back to that hell hole and I knew that training would be the only reason my father would even consider letting me stay.

"I want regular progress reports. If I don't think you're doing well enough, you'll be coming right back home, got it?"

Well fuck, there goes my plans for a relaxing summer.

Izuku's POV~

After my mother fussed over me for a few more minutes, she had to go and finish packing. We mutually said to be safe, both for different reasons, but the thought was still there. I tossed my phone onto my bed and looked around my dorm room. I had been planning on going home, so everything was packed up in boxes or bags.

"Time to start unpacking." I said to myself as I got to work.

About an hour later, there was a soft knock on my door. "Come on in." I shouted over my shoulder, still preoccupied with sorting out my desk again.

"Hey Deku- wait, why are you unpacking?" I didn't have to turn around to know it was Uraraka who had entered my room, her voice was pretty identifiable.

"My mom called and told me she was going on a trip all of break and I had to stay here." I explained, trying to get my notebooks back up on the top shelf, but I couldn't reach. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and then I was floating up. The books still had gravity, so I was flipped upside down from their weight.

"Ah, Ura you couldn't have given me a heads up?" I said as the room spun a little bit.

"Oh sorry! I was just trying to help!" She apologized. I laughed a little at I finally stopped moving, having hit the ceiling. I placed the books on the shelf and then moved so I was right above my bed. "Release."

I dropped down and bounced on my mattress a few times. "If you ever want help training with your quirk, just come on over and you can float me up to the ceiling and then release me over my bed." I said, still laughing from the fall. It was fun, don't judge.

"I'll keep that in mind." She said, clearly amused with how much fun I had from the small drop.

"Anyways, I was just coming up to say goodbye, I'm heading back home in a few minutes." She said sadly.

"Awe, Ura don't be sad! We can still hang out all the time! And text! It'll be fine, just you wait." I said, pulling her into a hug. The girl was my bestfriend, of course I was gonna hug her before she left.

"Oh! I also wanted to warn you. Bakugou is in a particularly bad mood, so I'd stay away from him until he heads back home to." She said in a warning tone.

"About that," I started sheepishly. She gave me a 'go on' type of look. "My mom's going on the trip with Kacchan's mom, so he has to stay to. That's probably why he's so mad." I explained.

Uraraka's eyes widened. "You are so royally screwed." She said, but then her face morphed into a smirk. "In more ways than one." She added with a wink before quickly leaving my room.

It was my turn to widen my eyes. "Ura!" I shrieked after her as she left.

She giggled as she ran down the hallway, me right on her heels. I came out to her a few months ago and she's been really supportive, maybe too supportive. She's been trying to get me to ask out literally every guy in our class, well besides Mineta.

I chased her all the way down the stairs until we got to the common room, where most of our classmates were saying goodbye and heading home. They all stopped and watched in amusement as I chased her around our living room area.

Just before I could grab her, she placed all five of her fingers on me again, making me float up to the ceiling. The ceiling in the commons was a whole lot higher than our dorm rooms, so the prospect of falling was much more terrifying.

"Uraraka! Please let me down!" I yelled from where I was stuck.

"I really didn't think this through." She said from the ground as she looked up at me. "I can't just release you or you could get seriously hurt."

She looked around the room before something, or more like someone, caught her eye. She moved them to stand right underneath me. They had no clue what was going on, but let her move their arms so they were poised to catch me.

"Uraraka don't you dare!" I shouted, catching their attention and finally making them notice me. Seconds before...

"Release!"

Then I was falling through the air. I was caught within moments.

"Hey Todoroki." I said sheepishly while I was being held in his arms.

"Midoriya?"