Chapter 3

Izuku's POV~

"Damn it Deku!" Kacchan growled after I bumped him. I didn't even hit him that hard or get anything on him. Why did he have to be so extra all the time?

"Ah, I'm sorry Kacchan! I didn't see you." I said, scratching the back of my neck while holding the ice cream in one hand.

He directed his attention to the tub of ice cream. "Are you eating my fucking ice cream?" He asked, even more pissed.

My eyes widened at his question. I didn't know it was his. I was so so dead.

"I didn't know it was yours! I'm sorry!" I quickly apologized.

His scowl only grew at my words. I heard tiny pops coming from his open palms and I knew that I was as good as dead. "You have three seconds to run." He said lowly.

My eyes widened at his underlying threat.

"One."

I still didn't move. Surely he wasn't going to actually chase me down and beat me up for stealing his ice cream... right?

"Two."

And then common sense decided to join the party and I took off at a full sprint, not bothering to wait for the elevator and took the stairs two at a time.

"THREE!"

I wasn't even up the first four stairs, when he came barreling into the stairwell, hot on my trail. I knew I had to make it to my room and lock the door, if I even were to stand a chance. I could hold my own against him, sure, but last time we fought it hurt like hell. Plus we got into a lot of trouble. I didn't really want to repeat that.

I made it to my floor and I wasn't slowing down as I booked it down my hallway. I could hear his footsteps right behind me. I was a foot, a singular foot, away from my door, when I was tackled to the ground.

He didn't bother being gentle as my body crashed to the carpeted floor. I was going to be stuck with some nasty bruises and rug burn. Those small injuries weren't what I was really worried about right now.

Kacchan was sitting on top of me, looking like he was ready to blow my face off. I brought my hands up to protect my head. "W-wait Kacchan! I said I was sorry! I didn't know it was yours!" I pleaded.

"Fucking nerd! How about you just don't take other people's food?!" He shouted, not finding my excuse valid.

"I promise I won't do it again!" I said, hoping that he might have even just a little bit of sympathy.

I peeked through my hands and looked up at him. Really looked at him. His angry expression was still there, but something else caught my eye.

He looked... exhausted.

He had dark bags under his eyes. I noticed he was lightly panting from the effort of chasing me up here. His face didn't hold as much edge in it, like how he usually is when he's pissed off. Trust me, I basically have that face memorized with how much it's directed at me.

"Kacchan, are you okay?" I asked him, lowering my arms and looking up at him with my eyebrows drawn together in worry.

He seemed taken aback by my question, clearly not expecting it. He grabbed the front of my shirt and yanked me closer to him, one arm still up and threatening me with tiny explosions. "Why the fuck wouldn't I be?" He growled at me.

I put my hands up in surrender. I didn't want him to think I was attacking him to make him talk about his feelings, everyone knew that that would end terribly. But I wanted him to know that I was there for him. Even after some of the more... messed up, things he's done to me, I still care about him and I hate seeing him struggling. "You just... you look really tired Kacchan. When was the last time you slept?" I asked him cautiously. I had to be extremely careful with how close I was to the 'line'. Crossing it could result in some pretty serious injuries.

His features softened, for only a second, before he was pissed off again. "Why the hell do you care? And I'm not tired, so fuck off." He sneered at me. He pushed me back down and got off me, walking away.

I quickly scrambled to my feet and went after him. I grabbed his wrist, knowing full well, that I had crossed the 'line'. I didn't care though, he was clearly struggling. I wanted to help him.

"Kacchan, talk to me. What's wrong? If somethings bothering you, keeping it bottled up inside and trying to ignore it, won't help. It'll make it worse. Just let me help you." I begged him. I hated seeing any of my classmates struggling, but I especially hated seeing him struggle.

Kacchan was always someone I looked up to. He was someone who was never bothered or beaten. He was a firm constant in my life. Him suddenly being anything other than okay, was worrying for me.

I saw something flash through his eyes, but it was gone as fast as it appeared. "I don't need help from you, or anyone else for that matter. I can deal with it just fine by myself." He, tried, to growl at me, but his voice had lost it's edge. He seemed to be finding it hard to keep up his whole 'I'm the best and I don't need anyone's fucking help' act.

"So you admit that there's something wrong?" I asked, twisting his words a bit.

He seemed to realize what he did and grimaced. "Fuck off Deku." He said, turning and walking to the elevator.

I sighed as he walked away. "Everyone needs help sometimes Kacchan, even the best heroes." I called after him. He would make an amazing hero one day, but if he can't admit that he needs help sometimes, it'd be his downfall.

He scoffed as he stepped into the open doors of the elevator. "Bullshit." He said, the doors closing in front of him.

Once he was officially gone from my sight, I pushed myself off the floor and headed to my dorm. I tried to turn the handle, but it was locked. I reached into my pocket for my key, but found it empty. I hurriedly checked my other pockets, but came up with nothing.

I was locked out of my room.