Chapter 14

Izuku's POV~

I walked into the circle we had all been sparring in. The rules were the same as they are in the sports festival, out of bounds or render them incapable to keep fighting. I looked back and saw that Kacchan and Shoto both looked as nervous as I felt. They had decided to throw caution to the wind and actually stand near each other. Kirishima and Uraraka were with them, probably trying to make it appear more normal than the rest of the class would initially thing.

I sent them both a small smile, trying to make them relax a little bit, but I don't think it helped at all. If anything it made it worse, they could see how worried I was.

"Hey Kaminari?" I spoke up before we started fighting.

"Yeah dude?"

"Please don't kill me." I said, getting into a fighting stance.

"Trust me dude, I'm not gonna try, but I don't have a great grasp on my quirk yet." He said honestly, looking quite embarrassed.

I gulped at his answer, which did anything but calm me down. 'This is it, this is how I die.' I thought dramatically to myself.

Aizawa signaled for us to start and I immediately bolted to the side as he shot forwards. I had to advantage when it came to speed, because of my quirk, but I knew he wasn't just going to chase me around all day.

I saw him kneeling down and knew I had to time my next jump just right. Right when his hands touched the ground I jumped, hoping I could stay in the air longer than he'd pump electricity into the ground.

Thankfully he stopped before my feet touched the ground again. My guess is that he needed a breather so he wouldn't fry his own brain, which he still does from time to time, but only if he's continuously using a lot of electricity for a long period of time without stopping.

While he wasn't actively attacking me, I rushed forwards and tried to land a kick on him, but as soon as my foot came in contact with him, it sent a jolt through my body, almost as if I was tased, but not as intense.

"Whoa," I said as I stumbled back a little. "That was so cool!" I exclaimed, getting ready to attack again.

"I know right! I figured that out over the summer." He said proudly. Well, at least he did something over the summer.

Before I could rush him again, he was back on the ground with his hands down. I didn't have enough time to prepare an actual jump to avoid it, so I didn't stay up long enough. My feet hit the ground and it was like being thrown into an electric fence.

He stopped after only a few seconds though, thankfully. I had fallen backwards and now was trying to push myself up and blink the black dots from my vision. Being electrocuted was weird.

Once I was back on my feet, he wasted no time to do the same thing again, this time I wasn't even able to jump at all, and was immediately caught up in the electricity.

And then the fucker sneezed.

And everything went black.

Bakugou's POV~

Shoto and I really weren't looking forward to this fight. Dunce face had horrible control over his fucking quirk and the smallest thing could be game over for Izuku.

When the fight started, I was so close to grabbing Shoto's hand to try and ease my anxiety, but I knew I couldn't. Standing near him and not blowing his face off, was risking enough. Holding hands with him would be a disaster.

Everything was fine until the yellow haired idiot moved faster than Izuku could react and he was electrocuted for the first time.

The whole class and Aizawa were watching the fight from a bleacher type structure and I almost leaped off them and ran to my fucking boyfriend. Shoto subtly held an arm out, stopping from moving. "He'll be fine." He whispered, but even he didn't sound convincing.

Izuku fell backwards and Pikachu stopped his attack. He pushed himself up, stumbling a little bit, and before he could regain his senses, Pikachu was electrocuting him again.

Then he fucking sneezed.

Everyone knew what that meant for Izuku.

Aizawa instantly activated his quirk, making the electricity finally stop, just before Shoto and I hit the ground running. At that point, neither of us cared what people saw or thought. What did it matter if they found out Izuku was our boyfriend? He might be fucking dead.

Both of the boys were passed out on the field, but I really only cared about one of them. I dropped to my knees and my momentum slid me the rest of the way to Izuku, Shoto on his other side.

"Fuck, fuck, Deku wake up!" I yelled, grabbing his face in my hands.

Patches of his gym uniform had been burnt way and he also had burns and you could see his veins way more than you should. His nose was bleeding, but that seemed to be the only blood.

"Katsuki! Let me see if he has a pulse." Shoto said hurriedly. I let him take over, seeing as he was definitely the calmer and more collected of the two of us at the moment. "It's faint, but it's there. We need to get him to Recovery Girl." He said.

I turned back to look at our teacher who was standing above us. "Don't look at me, just go!" He said urgently.

I quickly scooped up the boy and Shoto and I both took off sprinting through the gym and then the school, making it to the nurse's office in record time.

"Hello- What happened to him?!" Recovery Girl asked as soon as she saw the unconscious boy in my arms.

I set him down while Shoto talked to her. "H-he was sparring with Kaminari and- and he just sneezed and- and then- h-he-" I had never heard him stutter like that before. I don't know if he ever had before then.

Recovery Girl nodded as she got to work. "Thank you for bringing him, you two can head back to class." She said.

"But-"

"Go to class. You can come see him after." She said firmly.

I grabbed Shoto's hand and pulled him out to the hallway, where he collapsed into my arms.

The first day of school fucking sucked.