Chapter 22

Third Person~

Izuku took off running, leaving Katsuki standing alone. As soon as the green haired teen was in the stairwell and out of sight, Katsuki allowed himself to fall against his door frame, drained from the encounter. He hadn't wanted it to end that way.

Izuku, on the other hand, was blinded by the amount of tears he was shedding. He had known that Katsuki not loving him, was a possibility, but it wasn't one he thought held much weight. Imagine his surprise when one of his worst fears turned out to be true.

He was running down the stairs, trying not to trip as he went. He vaguely made out the number two on the wall, indicating that it was his floor. He pushed open the door and ran down the hall, not paying attention to where he was going. He just wanted to get to his room.

He ran into someone, knocking himself backwards and falling. He sat on the ground for a second, waiting for his mind to process and catch up with his body. He looked up and saw who he ran into.

Shoto was looking, for the first time in days, at him. His face held nothing but concern for the distressed teen. He could see the tears that were streaming down his face, and he could hear his ragged breathing. It looked as if he was running from the monster under his bed.

"Iz- Midoriya, what happened?" He asked gently, catching himself from calling his former boyfriend by his first name. He couldn't slip back into that old habit. He had to protect him.

Hearing his last name from Shoto, pushed Izuku further than he could stand. He let out another choked sob, dropping his head into his hands. He just loved them both so much, and they... clearly didn't feel the same about him.

Shoto's heart clenched at the sight of the usually happy and positive boy breaking down in front of him. He didn't know what to do. Everything in him told him to reach out, grab him, run his hands through his hair and make him stop crying. He knew he couldn't. It was risky enough just talking to him.

He quickly looked up and down the hallway, making sure that there wasn't anyone else there. Once he was sure that they were alone, he crouched down to Izuku's level and helped the crying boy to his feet. "C'mon, let's get you to your room." He whispered.

He walked him to his room, thankful that the door was already unlocked. Shoto placed him gently on the bed, getting ready to turn around and walk back out, but he was stopped by a hand grabbing his wrist. He clenched his eyes shut, knowing this was going to be hard.

"I really loved you two, even if you guys didn't actually love me." Izuku whispered to him, needing him to know, that for him, it was never fake or just a pass-time. It was real.

Shoto quickly turned around to face him, his eyes wide in surprise. He had known that he was hurting because of Katsuki and his behavior, but he didn't know that he thought they didn't love him or each other. "You... you think we don't love you?" He asked him.

Izuku, who was sitting criss-cross on his bed, looked up into his heterochromatic eyes. "Y-yeah. K-Kacchan- Kacchan said that- that he doesn't- doesn't love me and- and that he never did." Izuku was barely to get all the words out, before he was breaking down in sobs again.

Shoto's heart couldn't take it anymore. He quickly sat down in front of the broken boy and grabbed his shoulders gently. "Hey look at me. Izuku, look at me." He said, finally getting the attention of the boy.

"I love you, so god damn much that it's killing me to be away from you, and I promise that Kat loves you just as much. This was never part of the plan. It was never supposed to come to this, but it did, and now we all need to adapt to our new circumstance. We just need time, okay? It's dangerous for us all to be together right now, I promise it won't be like this forever. You just need to hang in there, for a little bit longer. Okay?" He said softly, brushing his thumb across Izuku's cheek, as the green haired boy leaned into the touch. He had missed having any type of contact with the two and he was going to take anything he could get at that point.

"You promise?" He whispered, fear evident in his voice.

Shoto nodded his head, grabbing Izuku's face with both hands and pulling him close enough to place a light kiss on his forehead. "I promise, Izu." He said.

Izuku leaned his upper body against Shoto, letting him support his weight. He was exhausted, and with good reason.

Shoto just moved them both around, so that they were laying down on his pillows. He wrapped his arms around the smaller boy and pulled him into his chest. He had missed that more than he cared to admit. Aside from literally passing out from exhaustion, he hadn't been able to sleep since his father found out.

But he could let himself drift off with Izuku. Even after his breathing evened out and Shoto knew he was fast asleep, he stayed awake. He carefully pulled away from him, grabbing a pillow for him to cuddle instead of himself.

He didn't want to leave. If he had the option, he'd stay snuggled up in bed with him until they had to go to school the next day. He couldn't though. He had something he needed to do.

Someone he needed to talk to.

A certain anger blonde, that had completely demolished Izuku's heart in the span of ten minutes.

Shoto wasn't sure why he had lied, saying that he had never loved him, but he was going to find out. Shoto knew that Katsuki loved them both more than he probably loved himself, and deep down, Izuku knew it to.