31 (chenji)

Jisung stood on his bed, with Lele on his lap. The kitten was purring while he was sound asleep. He would have smiled at the sight if he wasn't that busy staring at the picture with Chenle. Why did they have it? And why was Taeyong so sure they knew him? 

"What's happening here?" He asked himself so confused and looked at Chenle's happy face. 

He had cat ears  on top of his head, but in rest, he looked the same as the boy he met not long ago. Jisung didn't know what happened, but right in that moment, when his heart was beating really fast, his phone started ringing. 

It was Chenle. Jisung hesitated on replying, but he put his phone to his ear. 

"Hey." He mumbled and Chenle's loud voice filled his ear. 

"Wanna hang out tomorrow?" 

His eyes landed back on the picture, but he answered. 

"I was going to ask the same thing." He chuckled, feeling bad about lying to him. 

"Great! Then see you in the park at ten." 

"Okay." 

And he hung up, without a goodnight or something like that. 

The next day came and Jisung left the apartment without saying anything to his brother and Taeyong. He slammed the door after him and headed to the park where he was supposed to meet Chenle. 

The blonde male was already there, sitting on a bench. He smiled at Jisung when he arrived, but the younger didn't reply to it. He just sat down next to him and looked at the playground before his eyes where kids were playing and laughing loudly.

"Did something happen?" Chenle asked with his soft and sweet voice and Jisung sighed loudly. "You can talk to me, you know?" 

As for Chenle, well, he felt something was going on with the boy he was in love with. He almost allowed the tears that were forming fall down his cheeks when he saw the picture Jisung took out of his pocket. 

"My brother's boyfriend found it last night and he said he recognizes you." He handed him the picture with him where he was smiling, his cat ears still on his head. "How can he recognize you when I can't?" 

There was a long silence between the two. Jiusng was waiting for an explanation, while Chenle was thinking. He didn't know what mistake he did that Taeyong still remembered. He kissed Jisung and all and he was sure that he erased the couple's memories as well. 

"I..." He started and handed him back the picture. "You're memories were erased." 

Jisung looked at him confused. 

"Taeyong should have forgotten all that happened too, but I don't think he did. I don't know what I did that he remembers."  

"What do you mean?" 

There was no point in denying or changing the subject or just hide his feelings. Chenle allowed the tears to fall and wiped them, not wanting to look at Jisung. 

"I had to erase them. We all had too..." He whispered and looked at his feet. 

"Wait, so you are saying you can do magic?" 

Chenle chuckled bitterly. He knew he could change this, Renjun told him how. 

"I can bring them back." He spoke and looked at Jisung. "Your memories." 

"How?" 

"I was Lele." 

It hurt twice more saying those words for the third time already. It hurt Chenle much more telling the following words. 

"I was the one who bought that toy." Their eyes met again and Chenle continued. "You told me that you won't remember me at all, so I bought it for you to have it. I knew you won't remember anyway, but at least you had me like that. Then we found the kitten and he looked just like me. I don't know how you named him..." 

"Lele." 

Chenle stopped. 

"I named him Lele." 

"If I adopt you, I'll get them back?" Jisung asked when they reached the back of his building. 

Chenle nodded and wiped away his tears. He avoided the taller's gaze while he thought of his cat form and slowly turned into it. He looked up and saw the wide eyes Jisung had when he knelt. 

"You really look like him!" He took him up. 

Chenle missed being held by Jisung. It was so peaceful in his arms.  

"Then I'll adopt you." 

Jisung brought him inside and Lele looked around. He missed that place even if he left few days ago. It felt like years to him. Jaehyun was helping Taeyong make some food and they both stopped when he entered. 

"Another cat?" His hyung asked and Jisung chuckled and went to his room. "Have you met with Chenle?" But he didn't get a reply as Jisung slammed his door. 

"You can turn now." 

He said when he placed him on his bed and watched only. Chenle turned into himself again and looked up at Jisung. 

"So? I adopted you. What's next?" 

"I have to kiss you." 

Well, Jisung never thought about that and he was surprised. But if that was what they had to do to get his memories back, then it was worth it, right?" 

"Will they get them back?" He asked and Chenle already knew he was talking about the couple. He nodded and got up. 

"Look I know it's weird. I know you but you don't know me so you don't need..." 

His words were stopped by Jisung who kissed him. At first, Chenle froze, but he replied to it. It felt like home, as if those lips were made for him and only for him. 

The ticklish feeling made them stop  and they stared at each other for some moments. There was a white and bright light and when it stopped, they still kept on staring at each other in silence. 

Chenle looked up at Jisung, one of his hands being placed on his chest. Jisung smiled and a tear fell down his cheek which Chenle quickly wiped it. 

"I missed you." The younger said and hugged Chenle tight. 

He as well started crying again and his eyes landed on the door, where Jaehyun and Taeyong were smiling widely. 

So the memories were back.