chapter 2

When i drove to Sheila's place, it changed so much, when i was living their it was very old antique looking but now its a two story building, painted a biege color, she once had these hedges all around her home so no one would look through.
Knowing she likes her privacy, but now her house was in  full view, damn i guess people do change.

when i stepped out of my Audi i saw Sheila waiting at the front door, she changed so much. But was aging beautifully.
When I was younger her hair was pitch black plus it was long and luscious, I would remember how many suiters would show up every week asking for her hand in marriage knowing Sheila she would always refuse because her heart belonged to Jack and it will always belong to him.

" Hello my dear how are you, now come right in I'm just finishing up" shiela said.

Witches never show affection, so when i was growing up she never taught me to show my affection I only learn to greet, no physical contact.

"So Shiela how are you, how have you been these couple of hundred  years," i smiled.

She sat down with my favorite food in the world "sausage, biscuit and gravy."

"Well if you noticed when you drove in I got the house renovated got a gardener, i just got tired of living the way i did ,now I got new hobbies and i dyed my hair grey, I know it makes me look older but i love it , can I say change is good," Sheila said taking a sip of her herbal tea.

I just sipped my coffee and took a bite of the delicious sausage, my mouth watered as I gulped the
Mouth watering breakfast I really needed to know her recipe so I can make them myself.

" Thats great sheila, beside i do love you grey hair it makes you look wiser and beautifuller, its nice to hear you have a hobby. so what do you do" i faked smiled i knew she would bring up about my mate soon just hope she doesn't, I know it's been forever I searched everywhere on this darn planet and still couldn't find him, I felt as if giving up was the next thing to do.

"Well, I decided to take a class in painting, pottery,  since you left i became good friends with the blackmoon pack they are very good people i am suprised they haven't noticed you in their territory" she said.

Maybe that's the pack Valkos in?
"Well i learned from the best, i covered my scent so no one knows I'm a lycan" i said proudly.

she grabbed my hand and tried to make me have eye contact with her.

"Layla look at me my dear" she said giving me the we need to talk look.

I tried too look away but i didnt want to argue with her so i looked at her.

"How have you been i know it must be hard looking for your parents and your mate have you found some sort of idea who they are or where they are?"

I just looked down to my hands and looked at her before speaking.

"No i have no idea who my parents are, they left no evidence behind i dont know if their alive or dead. that is what i think of my mate I give up on this crazy search I'm just gonna find a nice man and fall in love like how these humans do" I said grabbing my plate and inserting it into the dishwasher.

"I know you hate it when i bring it up but I am sorry I am only concerned I raised you and your like a daughter to me,"Sheila said

I looked at in a shock expression, a witch apologizing. Plus showing emotions, what happened to her?

"Is my ears deceiving me, did you just apologize"

She looked at me a little annoyed
"Ok im not always so heartless I told you im changing my attitude i know I never showed you any affection but you came out right to me " she said.

When we went to the living room i was barely going to sit down when the door bell rang.

"Layla can you please check who is at the door," Sheila said.

Sheila grabbed her cup and decided to go get it refilled.

When i walked near the door i can feel my wolf acting real crazy she never acted like that so i just ignored her whining.

When i opened the door their he stood the man who is my other half my soul mate, my wolf purred when she saw him, i was terrified.

How is this happening?