7 | kill brad davis

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
chapter seven
KILL BRAD DAVIS
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐chapter sevenKILL BRAD DAVIS└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

───── ─────

LENA'S ONLY COHERENT THOUGHT is Fuck.

She buttons the front of her blouse as quickly as possible, trying her best to keep her movements fast and yet not so cursory that she'd miss one and make their situation seem worse than it already does. Graham tugs his shirt back on. Lena is hyper-aware of how compromising their position is, so she grabs Graham's backpack, shoves both his and Peter's suits inside of it, and zips it back up. He catches it with ease when she tosses it to him.

"Thank you for the suits, but we really have to go now," Lena tells the blonde woman, who's busy tucking her handgun away. She grabs Graham's arm and pulls him along with her out of the pub.

Once they emerge into the now-blinding sunlight, she has to squint to see Peter standing a few feet away with his posture deflated like a balloon that's just been popped. Lena stops beside him, taking one look at his face and assuming the worst. His eyes are as wide as saucers and filled with unrelenting panic. She catches sight of Brad hurrying back toward the bus.

"What'd he say?" she asks, shouldering her own backpack.

It takes Peter a moment to remember how to communicate via the English language. When he does, his voice is high-pitched and trembling. "He said he's going to show Mr. Dell and we'll probably get suspended."

Lena swears violently at Brad under her breath in Tagalog. If Ma and Pa had been here, they would have smacked her on the wrist with tsinelas for using such foul language.

"I have no idea what you just said, but I definitely agree," Graham says with a glare in the direction of Brad's retreating form.

"Okay, put your one foot in front of the other and everybody back on the bus!" Mr. Dell announces as he emerges from the building with the bathrooms. Lena groans in dismay. Not only is the second half of the bus ride going to suck, but she hadn't even gotten to actually use the restroom.

They try to board the bus as quickly as possible, but wind up getting stuck behind the crowd of students. Lena has to throw herself into the first row's window seat because all of the other ones are taken– Brad had stolen their previous spot in the very back. Peter nervously sits beside her while Graham claims the empty row behind them, leaning forward so his head pokes out beside Peter.

"What's he doing?" Lena hisses. She would check for herself, but she doesn't want to arouse suspicion by standing up and looking over everyone else's heads.

Graham peers down the aisle and reports back in a whisper, "He's just on his phone. What's he doing, editing it? Adding some vignette, maybe a sepia filter? Some contrast? For seemingly wanting us to get suspended as quickly as possible, he sure is taking his time."