Keeper

∆∆∆

Ash's Pov;

I stood with Mikoto away from the other Kings. Mikoto's aura masking mine. Shiro had spoken to me before the meeting started explaining I would be positioned in the room of the Slate, but on a landing above it. When Shiro spoke out
"Welcome! Thank you so much for coming, and how are all of you doing today. Well it appears that you're not too happy. Perhaps in deference to my position as The Silver King you don't want to come right out and do or say anything to blatantly oppose me. However do I detect a little resentment at my calling you out so often and at me taking charge?"
"Escuse me Silver King may I have your permission to speak freely?"
"By all means Mr. Kusanagi."
"Right now we're going on the premise that the Green Clan is going to attack Mihashira tower to steal the Slate."
"Are you positive that's really what they're planing?"
"Yes I am and if they do get their hands on Slate the world order that the lieutenant, I mean the Gold King and the Blue King here worked so hard to preserve would collapse. At the very least the world that all of us know it would cease to exist. The reason is that the Green Clans intent is to pass on the power of the Slate to the entirety of mankind."
"I can speak for the Red Clan, and I'm pretty sure that I can do the same for the Blue Clan over there as well. When I say I can assure you that none of us would ever dream of questioning your status as King! But still that status and whether or not you're capable of leading this operation are two completely different matters. I apologize but I have to be frank about this. I'm not sure if you have what it takes."
"I'll have you know Shiro is amazing!"
"Settle down Neko.... Kusanagi I realize that I may sound biased but this man's more than qualified for the task. He has the intelligence, the leadership, the good judgment."
"Kuroh, thanks for that. You too Kusanagi. You chose to play devil's advocate for everyone right? Now there's a simple reason why I should be the one who's directing this counterattack it's because I know everything that there is to know about the Green King Nagare Hisui."
"Hey wait a minute how's it you know that! I thought the Green King went out of his way to avoid being seen in public. Unless you're telling us that you're connected to the Greens."
"I'll put this very simply the Green King Nagare Hisui once challenged the Gold King Daikaku Kokujōji to battle all by himself. Video and images of that incident remain intact in their entirety. The lieutenant passed that data onto me, and I also heard the details from him directly."
"Is it all right if I say something too, Silver King?"
"Yes of course Ms Awashima, and please just call me Shiro if you'd prefer."
Understood. Mr. Shiro if I may be frank I'm having some real troubles believing all of this. Why would the Green King ever have issued a challenge that's as reckless as that would've been?"
"Because maybe it isn't as reckless as you think. I say that because although he did lose in the end, at one point the Green King was managing to hold his own against the most powerful King. And another thing he actually explains his reason for wanting to overthrow the Gold King in the first place. And it was absolutely ridiculous. Before the Green King escaped he left a parting message, quote, 'I just wanted to fight the game's final boss!' then after he barely managed to get away from the Gold King the Green King dropped completely out of sight his clan didn't make a move till now because the lieutenant was still around. But I'm afraid the lieutenant is no longer here."
Mikoto shook his head saying yes. That our Clan would stand with the Silver Clan and King. We separated. I stood near Shiro holding Anna's hand. While Mikoto, Shiro and Kusanagi spoke. I knew they were worrying about the Blue King.

∆∆∆

Ash's Pov;
Mihashira Tower, Christmas Eve

I sat above the Blue King leaning against the wall waiting for my part in this. I had kissed Mikoto before I left for my part.
"Protect our jellybean. Nothing stupid. I won't call you baka because you're no fool."
He handed me one of Anna's psychic marbles something that came from me regulating her powers.
"We'll keep in touch using these instead of normal communication methods."
And we parted ways. I listened to the fighting sounds from the floors below. I figured the battle would be here soon I also knew that the Gray King was playing games. I would wait until he made his appearance. I would let Munakata handle the Green King. I would've fallen asleep if not for the little tremors rocking the building on and off. I could feel the presence of the Green King. I was watching Munakata his sword was becoming unstable. I couldn't understand why he wouldn't seek me out to repair his sword when he spoke out.
"I know you are there Ash! I'm guessing you are our contingency plan?"
"Yeah! I'm something like that. You should let me reset your sword Munakata."
"Perhaps after this battle."
I started to hum an old lullaby. Something my nursemaid sang when I was in that place.
"I've never heard that tune before. Did you make it up?"
"No, it's a very old lullaby lost to time."
So we waited for our part to start in silence after that.

∆∆∆

Mikoto's Pov;

I stood guard waiting for the Green King Nagare Hisui to come. I was ready to fight. When I felt him fly past myself trying to get as far as possible with the lock down Fushimi had set up. I knew Ash had a plan, and she would stop this dangerous King from taking the Slate. We just had to do as much as possible to help her out.