Kickdown/ Kaput

∆∆∆

Mikoto's Pov;

I ran after the Green King on his quest to reach the Slate. Fighting him every step of the way. It did little good. I heard from Fushimi that the other Green Clansmen had left the building. I kept fighting trying to keep him away from my future. I knew that Ash wouldn't let anything happen to her or our baby. But I just couldn't help worrying. When I was knocked back as Nagare Hisui blasted his way into the chamber of the Slate. Now the plan changed the three Kings converged on the room. Ash would wait until the last possible second to intervene if necessary. As I stood by and watch Munakata make light work of the Green King as his power began to fade. When Nagare told us he was only making a path for his trump card. When a man appeared a fog settled in Munakata pushed it away.
"So they were wrong the Gray King didn't die in the incident ten years ago. Seigo Ōtori the Gray King."
"You got it wrong I'm Tenkei Iwafune the surrogate father to the Green King Nagare Hisui and freeloader off of Jungle Clan. I'm chicken that can't fly!"
He released his sanctum again filling the room with fog.

∆∆∆

Ash's Pov;

I stood watch, waiting for my time to play our ace in the hole. I watched as Munakata fought with the Green King and when I saw Mikoto fighting to hold him back. Doing all they could to defend the Slate. The Green King was done and then he spoke.
"I was just the diversion I was just opening up a path for him."
I listened as the Gray King, explained that he was actually someone else now watched as he started fighting with the Red, Blue, and Silver Kings. I would hold until the very end. I couldn't show our hand to soon. I watched the fighting seeing as the Blue King sword of Damocles was cracking. The more he fought the worse it was getting. Even though Shiro was a grown man he was still very much a young man. He never really got to grow up. But in this moment he was every bit a warrior. When I heard the copter flying nearby. I played our hand jumping down and activating the Gold sanctum calling forth my own sword of Damocles. When the Gray King realized that another King, one of the most powerful Kings was active again! He used his fog sanctum to hide himself and Nagare Hisui. I put up a shield protecting the Slate from them.
"Well Gray King, what are you waiting for? Aren't you going to take me on to get the Slate?"
"Who are you little girl? Yukari spoke of some girl hanging around the Clans. She was the one who saved Tatara Totsuka and Mikoto Suoh from dying. How are you the new Gold King?"
"Maybe I'll explain it one day but not now. Now you either fight me or you leave without the Slate and save that boys life in your arms. Because as the Gold King, I can completely cut him off from the Slate's power ending his life! So decide now!"
He tried using his fog sanctum and I used it back on him. I would keep switching powers from sanctum to sanctum this was the first time the Kings could see what I was capable of. I had the Gray King on the defensive.
"Just what the hell are you?!"
"I'm the end of you!"
I whip fire towards him. I stood in defense of the Blue King knowing he couldn't take anymore. When the copter was overhead I shot out my golden aura and brought it down. When I looked for the Gray and Green Kings they had vanished.
"We won."
I had walked over to Munakata grabbing his hand pulling forth his sanctum fixing his sword of Damocles.
"You are worse then Mikoto, Baka!"
And I proceed to thump him on his head to the shock of all present. He looked at me with a little smirk.
"I keep thinking that if I handle you differently, you may have been with me instead of Suoh."
"Oh wow! Baka! I'm done. I want to go home now, Mikoto. Me and the jellybean are starving!"
"Jellybean?"
The Silver King asked I smiled sweetly and said,
"Mikoto and I are expecting a baby late this summer or early this fall sometime around September."
"Congratulations Suoh, Ash a child couldn't ask for better parents."
"Thanks Munakata. We're very happy about it."
"Oh my God why didn't you tell me you were pregnant Ash! I could've come up with a different plan! I put you and your baby in danger."
"Calm down Shiro I'm an engineered lifeform so the baby has that we're a lot tougher than that"
"Engineered lifeform?"
"Yeah I was made, created for a specific purpose. But enough of that let's get out of here. Munakata I'll leave the basic running to you. I'll continue to suppress the Slate but since you know how things work it would be best to keep the status quo until the true Gold King is found."
"Yes of course I'll take care of it."
"There's only one thing I want to change. Since the Blue Clan and King are civil servants I want to make it where you can't be fired or controlled by anyone but the Gold King or Silver King. Now please go get your wounds treated."
"I have one question?"
"Yes Shiro?"
"Why do you call the baby jellybean?"
"Actually Anna calls it that as that's what it looks like in the ultrasound pictures. It just kinda of stuck."

∆∆∆

As we left the building I saw Fushimi laying into Munakata about how he handled this situation. How he was saved in the end by me. And if I hadn't been present for this battle, or what if I had lost my child, because of his incompetence the Slate would've been lost and in the hands of the Greens. When Munakata told him to leave and follow the Silver King as he was used to being a traitor anyway. As we passed we saw Fushimi resign from Scepter 4, I figured he was just venting and wasn't really quiting. So I left it alone, and went home with Mikoto. I felt arms snake around my waist. I looked up at Mikoto, when he asked,
"How do you fix our swords?"
"I was wondering that too. You also helped Anna! How do you do that Ash?"
"I use the Slate. You can use the power of the Slate to remove the damages to the swords of Damocles. I used the Slate to regulate Anna's powers it's all there. You just have to know how to do it. And it's not very hard pretty much any person under the control of a King can repair damage. Not a King though, their powers are to, all over the place. The Slate can do wonderous things. But misused it can cause horrible disasters! It's why I was made to help guide the users."
I snuggled into Mikoto's arms.
"I'm very happy where I am. This is the best place ever! And these arms keep me safe and warm."
I felt him hug me slightly tighter.
That was a wonderful feeling. I was so happy to be in this moment.