Prologue

Lee looked around for her friends from the top of the stairs so she had a height advantage.  "Dan, Jenny, over here!" She yelled waving her arms in the air trying to get their attention over to her and Rufus.

"Hey, Anderson!” Dan said as he hugged her. Jenny caught up running up to them and joined the group hug.

“So your just gonna ignore your dear old dad?” Rufus said messing up Jenny’s hair as she tries to swat his hand away. “How's your mom?”

Jenny finally let’s go of the hug but instead she grips her hand. "Fine," She says quietly looking up at Dan.

"She's good. Uh, fine and good." He said scratching the back of his head like he does when he gets nervous.

“Like, maybe I never should've left Manhattan fine, or taking a timeout from my marriage was the best idea I ever had fine?” Lee patted Rufus on the back.

Dan looked at Jenny like they were trying to think of what to say in their telepathic conversation, "Dad, you know what?” He looks over at Rufus. “I… I am, uh, I’m starving." 

"Let's go home. I'm cooking. Caprese salad, a little Mozzarella di Bufala." Rufus says putting an arm around Jenny.

"What about your famous chili? Please, Rufus, you promised me." Lee said dramatically leaning onto Rufus.

Dan pulled her away from his dad and put his arm around her. "Please stop encouraging him."

“And why should I listen to you Humphrey?” Lee asked looking over at him. He was paying attention as he was staring up at Serena.

~~~

It was the next morning and Lee burst into the Humphrey household like she always did. Lee opens the door to see Dan trying to tie his tie. “Hey, have you been on your computer at all this morning?” She asked looking for his computer.

He stopped what he was doing and looked at his friend tilting his head. “No why? What was posted?"

"I think you should look at Gossip Girl yourself. Specifically maybe the spotted page." Lee said opening his laptop.

“I already saw last night’s spotted page. Serena’s back from boarding school.” He said waving me out of his room.

“You already knew that because you saw her yourself but if that really is the last post you saw then I’m definitely sure you should look at the website.” She puts the computer down fixing his tie.

“Is it really that important I mean....” He was cut off by the loss of words as he read his computer screen.

Spotted-Lonely boy, can’t believe the love of his life has returned. If only she knew who he was but at least we know who she is.

“She… She actually talked about me. I thought I was just invisible but no she’s definitely talking about me.”

Lee smiled at him nudging him. “I guess she can sense you yearning to climb up the social ladder."

“I am not yearning to go anywhere up there.” He says closing his computer. “I’m fine right here where I'm meant to be. If anyone wants to be up there it’s you and Jenny.”

“Yeah, Humphery it really looked like you wanted to stay where you were. Watching Serena from afar like some obsessed stalker from some show I would like,” Lee walked over to the door and stopped. "But hey what do I know?" Lee said leaving the room to get some of Rufus’ amazing cooking.