Poison Ivy

“Hey, Dan do you think-” Lee stopped herself noticing he was engulfed in the book to even notice her presence. 

Lee goes back and looks over at Jenny, tapping her on the shoulder. “Did something happen that I missed?"

“He’s been grumpy ever since he found out Nate got the ushering position for Dartmouth instead of him."

She laid on top if Dan so he would have a harder time ignoring her to read the book. “If it makes you feel any better at least you didn't have Chuck getting rather than you,” Lee said.

“Well, that's not exactly gonna help me get the spot." He said shoving her off his lap and went back to reading.

"Oww." She sits up on the floor, rubbing her head. "That was fucking uncalled for and you know it."

Rufus burst in the loft looking proud at what he accomplished, “You're in.” He looks down at Lee who was on the floor. "Why are you on the floor?"

"Apparently I shouldn't ever help my friend try to be happy anymore." She grumbled glaring at Dan.

Dan looked up from his book, ignoring what Lee said. “What?” 

“For the Ivy week party tonight. Your name will be on the program and everything.” He said putting his hands on his son’s shoulder.

Dan put down his book and walked around Lee to go to his dad. “Wait, you actually got me the Dartmouth spot?” He asked looking like a kid on Christmas morning.

“There had to have been some kind of catch. You couldn’t have gotten him a position that easily for it being hours till the party starts.” Lee said folding her arms as she stood up.

Jenny looked up from her work, smiled, and patted his back. “I knew you could do it, dad.”

Rufus scoffed and looked at Jenny. “No, you didn't, and their kind of was a catch.” He looked over at Dan. “How do you feel about the refreshment committee?” Lee bit her finger so she wouldn’t laugh so loud.

“Dad there…” He tilts his head as his smile drops. “There is no refreshment committee.”

“Oh my god,” Jenny mumbled looking away from her dad.

“What?” He looks at the three of us a little offended for us laughing at him.

“What is so funny? Everybody gets thirsty. I really think it’s a position of power.” Rufus said.

“And...  And how did you secure me this prominent and simultaneously embarrassing position?“ He asked rubbing the back of his neck.

“What are you offering to serve snacks tonight?” Lee chimed in. Rufus lightly pushed her away.

He pointed at himself. “I'm actually the head of the entertainment committee.”

“Of course, another committee that didn't exist until you left the house today,” Dan said rolling his eyes

“Way to go, dad. Wait,” She looks up at her work again. “So who's the entertainment gonna be then?“ Jenny asked.