The Blair Bitch Project

“It’s nice to have you back Anderson," Dan said patting Lee on the back. "Mornings just weren’t the same without you.”

“Well, I’m glad to be back, Humphrey. Anyways, the one you should be thanking is Vanessa. With her early scheduling this week she’s gonna be waking me up with her every morning so I can be with my favorite family in Brooklyn.”

“Yeah, yeah whatever…" He rolled his eyes then looked at his dad. "Uh hey, dad how come I went straight from the airport to take Jenny to school, and she was already gone?”

“She slept at Hazel's last night,” Rufus said turning around and handing Lee her cup of coffee.

“Who's uh... Who's Hazel?” Dan asked taking a bite of his waffle.

“Her new friend, the girl whose family she went with to Aspen.” She answered for Rufus before she took a sip of coffee.

“Ah…" He looked over at his dad. "I was actually surprised you let her go and cancel on mom like that.”

He put a towel that was on the counter over his shoulder. “Well, your mom was in complete support of it. Jenny was very well taken care of. I spoke to her every day, twice from the, uh private plane.”

“Private plane?” He asked with a full mouth.

Lee elbows Dan in the stomach. “Your so gross Humphrey.”

Rufus shrugged taking a sip of his drink. “It's the best early birthday present we ever could have given her.”

Lee raised her eyebrows, “Oh, so you paid for it then?” She asked taking a big bite of the waffles in front of her.

“Well, I gave her pocket money. Yeah, Jenny's happier than she's been in a long time. Hey, whenever you two are done with that ‘I'd do things differently’ look, two things." He looks at Lee. "One, I can't seem to nail Jenny down on what she wants to do for her actual birthday.”

Lee nodded. “I could try to get it out of her for you,” She said before stuffing the last bit of waffle in her mouth.

“Good. And, uh, two…” Rufus glances over at the clock. “What the hell are you two still doing here?”

“Mm,” Lee and Dan looked over at the clock with wide eyes dropping the silverware they had in their hands. “Thank You.”

They ran just barely making the bus and sat a couple of rows from the front. Lee starts poking at her watch. “Is this thing even showing the right time.”

Dan glances down at her wrist pointing at the shiny watch she was wearing. “Where… Where did you buy that?”

Lee smiles looking down at the watch on her wrist. “I uh…. I didn’t buy it. Chuck did.”

“Huh…. Hey, now that I think about um…" He scratches the top of his head. "Do mind pick if you could come to the Van der Woodsen residence?"

“So I could catch you making out with your girlfriend? Sorry but that’s gonna have to be a hard pass.”

“Not even if you use that as an excuse to talk to Chuck.”

Lee slapped his shoulder. “Are you trying to help me get me laid, Humphrey?”

“Hey, your the one who brought up having sex with him.” He says putting his hands in the air. “I just said you could talk to Chuck.”

She opened her mouth to say something but she didn’t know what to say. She wiped her head so she faced looking out the window. “Whatever, Humphrey.”