Chapter 2

Chapter 2

When I woke up my neck was stiff and my head was pounding. I was laying across a back seat of a car, but it wasn’t the same car from before. There were voices, but it wasn’t Ivan or Darcy.

“You’re idiot hunters better have gotten it right this time. I don’t want to have to go through this again,” A deep voice snapped. He was angry, that was clear. Even though he wasn’t yelling at me I felt the need to cower.

“What afraid mommy and daddy will get pissed at you again?” The other voice was soothing not as deep . . . almost younger sounding.

“That’s easy coming from their little baby,” The other snapped, “You have no idea what it’s like being on outs with them, Nicky. You never will.”

“Pulling the pity card again, Angel? Really?” Nicky replied in a teasing tone.

“Whatever, it better be a mermaid. We can’t afford any more mistakes,” Angel growled.

“There is one way we can find out,” I could hear the smirk in Nicky’s voice, but I didn’t understand it.

How did these guys know about mermaids? Why did they want one? Why was I hear? Did Ivan mean that he actually wanted Zaire at the party? And then Angel’s reply made it all clear.

“You will not bite it. I can’t . . .”

“Come on!” Nicky complained, “Just smell her blood . . .” I could hear him take in a deep breath.

“Shut up!” Angel growled, “I am trying to focus on driving.”

Vampires! I would be the one to get captured by vampires. You have got to be kidding me! I – one of the only mermaids I knew that cared for vampires -  was getting captured by one vampire with a bad attitude and another that was out for my blood. And they were taking me to their mom and dad who sounded mean.

I needed to wake up. To see what was going on I had to open my eyes.

Just as I decided to do so we hit a bump and my head bounced of the window and my head began to pound worse. I groaned as I slowly sat up and put my hand to head.

“Hey, she’s awake,” Nicky whispered.

“It has been for a while, idiot,” Angel growled.

“Don’t be rude,” Nicky sighed.

I opened my eyes slowly and looked up at sea-green eyes looking back at me. I jumped back into my seat as I took in the rest. He had Redish-brown hair that was short and spiked. His face was nice and smooth with solid features. He looked about my age or maybe younger. His pink lips were smirking back at me

“So are you a mermaid?” Nicky asked suddenly.

I gasped shocked by the question. It still hadn’t sunk in that these guys were vampires. Even though they were amazingly pale.

Angel elbowed Nicky and Nicky sat back in his seat with a grunt, “You don’t just ask it. Are you dumb?”

Angel was devilishly attractive and that was very dangerous. He had the blackest hair I had ever seen it was long and straight. It looked as if he just put jell in his hands and ran his fingers – front to back -  through his hair causing it to bunch up just below the nape of his neck where his hair ended. There were a few piece that fell out of place giving it a sexy, messy look. His features were defined and strong making Nicky look childish. His arm that was visible was lined with muscle, but it was scary like body-builder muscle it was lean and sexy and dangerous.