Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Aqua

“Faith, what are you doing?” Faith had burst through Angel’s door.

“Looking for Aqua,” She replied shocked. “What are you doing here?”

“We were just hanging out. Why?” I said confused.

“Gabriel just burst into the kitchen pissed and I couldn’t find you two. I was very confused. What happened?” She demanded.

“Father took Gabriel off babysitting duty,” Angel stated not looking at his sister.

“What? Why?” She gasped looking to me for answers.

“Your father decided it wasn’t safe because of how he bit me,” I explained.

“Yeah, I know that! He is planning to hire new vampire bodyguards for you so that neither Angel nor Gabriel are guarding you anymore. I just didn’t think he would take Gabriel off sooner . . .”

“Wait! What?” Angel shot up from the bed, standing beside it.

“Yeah, he didn’t tell you that?” Faith looked at him shocked.

“No, he neglected to mention that,” Angel grumbled annoyed.

“What is the problem, Angel? Just because I have another bodyguard doesn’t mean we can’t still be together,” I looked at him confused.

“Unless you plan on telling everyone . . . actually you can’t,” Faith sighed.

“Because then everyone will know something is up between us,” Angel said. The ‘duh’ was implied in his tone.

“Oh god,” I shook my head. “Why does this have to be so complicated?”

“Because you are a royal mermaid dating a royal vampire. This is illegal to the tenth degree,” Faith looked to me sadly. “But it is okay because you love each other.”

“Yeah, tell that to Father, or mother, or her Father!” Angel snapped.

“You know mother would side with you,” Faith countered.

“Not the point Faith. Just stop,” Angel glared.

“Angel, don’t getting angry at her for our decisions,” I stood and walked over to him.

“It’s not our decisions that are causing the problems here, Aqua. I didn’t choose to love you . . . you didn’t choose to love me. It just happened, like love does. It is our parents’ decisions that are causing the problem. They are the one who choose to make love illegal,” He shook his head at me.

“I wish there was something I could do,” Faith sighed, looking to the ground.

“So do I, Faith, but there is nothing we can do,” I walked up and hugged her.

“Do you know when the guards will be here?” Angel asked.

“No, I am sure it will be soon though. He probably doesn’t want to waste too much time,” Faith stepped away from me.

“Well, then we will spend our time together and possibly work our way up to the point of telling my family,” Angel nodded.

“I am not ready for them all to know yet, Angel,” I said uncomfortably.

“You like sneaking around,” He smirked.

“That is not it!” My cheeks blushed. “Everything will change when they all know and I am not ready for that yet. I am not ready to face their judgment.”