Chapter 21

Chapter 21

 “Oh, God, that dress is perfect on you,” Faith gushed. 

“Thank you so much for letting me borrow it,” I smiled twirling.

“No need to thank me, sweetie. It was meant for you,” She giggled.

It had clustered beading on the sweetheart strapless neckline, a dropped waistline with embroidery overlaying the bodice and a corset tie back. There were clusters of beads surrounding the pick-ups on the ball gown skirt. I absolutely loved it. My favorite part was that it was a beautiful aqua color.

Faith’s dress was elegant and just as beautiful. It had vertical shirring over a strapless neckline that met the empire, embroidered tulle decorating the midriff. It also had a dropped waistline that met the circular ball gown with beads edging the split front overlay. It was a beautiful bright pink color.

“Are yours is even more beautiful,” I smiled at her.

“Yeah right,” She breathed and walked back to the mirror to look at her hair. It was all pinned up on the crown of her head in loose curls. She had he tiara tucked into those curls. Her actual tiara as a vampire Princess, not some cheap plastic human prom-like thing.

Mine was all down, but the hairdresser took the pieces from the very front, not including my bangs, and twisted it back with a two silver strings and then tied it at the back of my head.  The rest was in loose, natural curls all down my back.

Our make-up was mostly natural with slight eyeliner and eye shadow and lip gloss.

“Faith, there are guests showing up. We should . . . oh, you girls look beautiful,” Rosa smiled at us. She was in a beautifully plain floor length purple gown. Her hair was also pulled up with a larger more extravagant crown tucked into the curls.

“Thank you, Rosa, you too,” I smiled at her.

“Oh, thank you, Aqua. Now as I was saying . . . we should get going. The guests have nearly finished arriving,” She smiled brightly.

“Will I be . . .”

“Walking in proudly attached to Angel’s arm . . . with the rest of us,” Faith explained.

“Oh,” I breathed.

“You will fine. With Angel at your side and guards standing by, you are perfectly protected. And Faith will be with you also,” Rosa assured.

“I know. I am just . . .” I breathed, “nervous.”

“We all get nervous at times, Aqua. It is fine,” Rosa smiled.

“Of course,” I returned her smile and then she turned and walked out. Faith followed behind her and I followed behind Faith.

“Rick is here . . . Do you think he will like the dress? He always complains about pink. I knew I should have gone with a better color, but I couldn’t help myself . . . oh my,” Faith sighed.

“And I thought I was nervous?” I raised an eyebrow at her. “Just stay calm. You look gorgeous . . . he won’t be paying attention to the color of your dress,” I rolled my eyes.

“Oh, you’re right,” She breathed happily.

“Could you imagine that? Angel fussing over the color of my dress?” We both laughed.

“He would be all pouty and complaining all night. ‘I told you no green, Aqua, you look absolutely terrible in green,’ and somehow expect you to take that as a compliment,” She mimicked Angel’s voice poorly but it was still hilarious so I laughed along with her as we reached the top of the stairs.