Chapter 28

Chapter 28         
Aqua’s POV

I watched carefully as he jumped and did a roundhouse kick, shooting fire at me from his bare foot.

I panicked and instantly water from the bins at the sides of me moved with my hands dousing the fire in midair.

“Oh . . . oh, goddess. I’m sorry,” I sighed disappointed.

“No, you’re not,” He smirked up at me as he stood and shook the water from his hair, “Are you really that scared to fire bend?” He teased. “Is it too hot for you?”

“Shut up, Hapu,” I grumbled and stomped away from him.

We were in the outdoor training arena. I was in a short skirt of golden fabric that was kind of like a bikini top. It was the training uniform. Most of my skin was exposed but that was the point. You had more instinct to protect yourself the more vulnerable you were. Hapu’s get-up was that same as before with no jewels or anything. We were both bare foot.

“Again,” I demanded getting angry.

“Maybe we should take a break, Princess,” He suggest timidly.

“Fine, if you need a break. I’ll go get a guard that can fire bend. No big deal,” I shrugged and walked away from him.

“No, get back here,” He growled.

I smirked and turned back to the arena. There were bins of water around the arena and multiple torches. The ground was made of packed earth and there was air all around us. Access to all four elements that was the whole point of the arena.

“Again,” I smirked.

He took one step and then two guards entered the arena.

“Princess,” One said and they both stopped.

“Wait,” I put my hand up to Hapu, “Yes?” I faced the guards.

They stood and the one that spoke before stepped forward.

“You’re father wants to see both of you in the courtyard,” He announced.

I looked to Hapu questioningly.

“I have no idea,” He shrugged.

We followed the guards out of the arena to the courtyard.

My father was standing in the middle of the courtyard talking over something with our main commander in our army.

“Sir,” Hapu announced himself and bowed.

I rolled my eyes at him and walked forward.

“What is it that you needed us for, Father?” I asked.

“You are all dismissed,” He shooed the guards and commander. They all bowed and then walked out. “I need to speak with you both about something very important.”

“What is it?” I pushed.

“You have always been one to rush good news,” My father rolled his eyes.

“Your good news isn’t always my good news,” I countered crossing my arms over my chest and cocking my hip. They way Angel loved.

“Is me handing the throne to you good news?” He smirked.

“What?” I gasped, “But Tara and . . .”

“Tara agreed with your mother and me that you are the best to take over the throne in warring times. You are the forceful but peaceful sister. You are a leader, Aquamarine. We had always planned on handing the throne to you,” He smiled encouragingly.