Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Angel’s POV

“Well, she certainly was a pretty little thing,”

Shut the fuck up, Stephen. I growled in my head trying to ignore him. My brain was currently doing what it’s best at. Turning the pain into anger. The pain of losing her, the only person who really understood how hard it was for me to love and to care. The one person who would never intentionally hurt me. She was the one who hurt me the most. That pissed me off more than I could comprehend, and right now my once favorite brother was pushing all the wrong buttons.

“Did you have a little thing with her, Angel? I bet she was good in bed.” He smirked.

“That’s it!” I growled and shoved him up against the wall with my hand clamped around his throat. “Don’t you ever fucking talk about her! You don’t know what she gave up for you to be here. You will never understand!” I spat viciously

“Angel!” Faith gasped.

“If you ever talk about her like that again I will rearrange your pretty will face so bad that all Aqua’s work would have been pointless!” I growled murderously.

“Angel, stop! He’s your brother! Cut this out! You need to relax!” Faith demanded tugging at my arm.

I pulled my hand from Stephen’s throat and he fell to the ground coughing and clutching his throat. I pushed Faith off my arm and she fell to the ground looking up at me with tears in her begging eyes. I couldn’t face the hurt she was feeling when I couldn’t even face my own pain.

“Fuck all of you,” I growled to the room in general and then I ran. I ran to the one place I could be close with Aqua not matter how far away she was.  

When I got to the pond I stopped and took a deep breath.

“Fuck!” I growled and kicked the big boulder than glared as it toppled into the water. I ran and slammed my fist into a tree repeatedly until it cracked down the middle.

“Angel!” I heard someone scream, but I continued to beat up the tree.

Suddenly someone’s arms wrapped around me, locking my arms to my side so I couldn’t fight.

“No!” I growled. “Fucking let go of me!” I struggled against the restricting arms.

Then Faith’s tear streamed face filled my blurred vision and I stopped struggling.

How could I be so selfish? Faith had become so close to Aqua over these past months and I had shoved her to the ground leaving her behind. I thought leaving her behind would help me deal with my pain, but it is clear she is the only one who really understand what I am going through. I would need her to get through this.

“Angel, please stop . . . don’t do this,” She pleaded.

I relaxed, the arms released me and I took Faith into my arms as she cried into my shoulder.

“She’s gone . . . I know, but don’t destroy the last piece of her we have,” She cried.

I breathed and held her tighter. She was right.  

Then I remembered.

I was hoping you would take it . . . something to remember me by.

I reached into to my pocket and pulled out the stone. It burned in my palm. When I looked at it, I saw it glow.

“Faith,” I squeezed her shoulders.

“What?” She leaned away from me whipping her eyes.

“Look,” I showed her the stone.