Chapter 10

Chapter 10

And then they popped open again. What the hell was I doing? Angel was leaning into me. His lips were softer and inviting, his eyes were closed.

“No!” I turned my head shocked.

His lips touched my neck and I gasped.

“I . . .” I had to think of an excuse, “I have to take a shower.”

I pushed away from him and hurried into the bathroom locking the door behind me.

“Won’t you like go all mermaid when you get wet?” He asked in an annoyed tone.

“I . . . umm,” I sighed, “Just leave, Angel,” I pleaded.

“What are you doing, Aqua?” He snapped. He sounded like he was just outside the door.

“I can’t . . . I can’t do this, please,” I begged.

“You were perfectly willing in the hallway. What changed?” His voice was calmer now.

“I don’t know, Angel. I just can’t do this now,” I regretted the words as I said them. I wanted to open the door, run out, and kiss him, but something was holding me back so I just gripped the door handle.

“Fine!” He snapped and then I heard the door open and slam shut.

I flinched away from the noise.

I felt horrible for making him mad. I didn’t mean to make him like that. We would go back to day one. Last night in the woods never happened. Angel wouldn’t let his walls down ever again. He would never relax with me like he did last night. I ruined any chance of him being slightly decent and I knew that. I felt horrible.

I got up and took a bath, so that when I turned I was laying down. I was quick because I was hungry. I got out and dried off and wrapped the towel around me. Then I realized I did not have any clothes. I pulled on the robe that was hanging on the back of the bathroom room door. I unlocked the door and walked out.

I quickly found my way to Faith’s room. She was sitting on her bed reading a book.

“Oh, Aqua,” She said shocked.

“I need clothes,” I sighed.

“Help yourself,” She pointed to the closet.

I just put on blue jeans and a plain black V-neck. I didn’t grab any shoes and I let my hair go natural.

“Are you going to tell me what happened between you two?” She asked as I threw my towels into her bathroom.

I walked over and sat on her bed, “I’m sure you are the only one he would be fine with me telling,” I sighed, “And I really need someone to talk to . . .”

“Just spill it!” Faith said too excited.

“Fine, we just hung out. I woke up in the middle of the night and he was getting up and leaving. When I wake up I can’t fall back asleep, so I followed him. He took me out into the woods and we talked. At first, he was his normal self. All guarded and sarcastic, but towards the end of the night he calmed down. We danced, and we got into some deep conversation and then we fell asleep. It wasn’t that big of a deal, but when we woke up this morning he brought me back and when we were in the hallway just outside my room we almost kissed . . .”

“Oh, my God!” Faith gasped, “You can’t be serious! Oh, I was so right! Told you so!” She rubbed in my face.

“Faith, please,” I sighed, “If Gabriel wouldn’t have walked out we probably would have, but Gabriel did. And we both backed away from the kiss. Faith, he is not comfortable being sweet with me around your family. Then after you left he tried to kiss me again and I pulled away . . .”