Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Aqua

We walked into the kitchen and Gabriel, Victoria and Nicky were there. Gabriel was leaning against the counter looking at his feet. Nicky was sitting at the table eating and Victoria was pacing in-between the two.

“Aqua?” Victoria gasped. “Where have you been?”

I could tell Gabriel wanted to look up but he forced his eyes to stay on the floor.

Angel stepped around me, glaring at him as he sat at the table.

“I was out at the pond. I just needed a moment out of the house,” I explained.

“With Angel?” Victoria looked to her little brother.

“Why should that matter to you?” Angel glared up at her.

“Please don’t argue,” I begged.

I didn’t want to cause this trouble in the house. It seemed inevitable but at the same time I knew they wouldn’t be arguing if I wasn’t here.

“There is nothing to argue about,” Angel rolled his eyes. “Gabriel attacked you again so you needed to get out. You can’t leave the house without either one of us . . . so I went with you.”

“I did not attack her!” Gabriel snapped his head up.

“Why would you say that?” Victoria gasped.

“You know that is not what happened! I never intended to hurt her!” Gabriel stepped up to the table.

“You didn’t intend to bite her in the first place. It still happened,” Angel shrugged like it was no big deal but I could see how tense he was. “You can’t be trusted around her. She needs to be unharmed if we ever plan on making the trade.”

“Trade?” I asked.

They ignored me.

I can’t be trusted?” Gabriel scoffed. “You’re the reckless one. You are the one who is always carefree and dangerous. That is not who I am so don’t treat me like I am a danger to her!” Gabriel’s hand slammed down on the table in anger.

I jumped and gasped. Faith looked to me apologetically and I just shook my head. It wasn’t her fault they were acting this way.

“Well, saintly-one,” Angel stood slowly. “For once you’re the reckless and dangerous one. For once you’re the one who’s being looked down on. How does it feel?” Angel’s voice was dark with anger.

Everyone could here years of emotion pent up in those few statements.

It caused me to shiver.

“Stop it, please,” I stepped up to the table. “There is no reason for this arguing. We’ve all made mistakes. Don’t blame yourselves.”

“Angel. Gabriel.” Dominic stepped through the door.

The seriousness of his tone had us all looking in his direction expectantly.

“Father wants to speak with you,” He nodded his head over his shoulder.

They glared at each other over the table and then walked over f the room silently.

“Aqua, you as well,” Dominic announced.

“What?” I gasped shocked.

“Don’t worry, just come on,” He turned out the door allowing it to swing shut behind him.