Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Angel

I was back out in the forest with Aqua. Her white hair shined in the moonlight and looked surprisingly beautiful. Her short silky nightgown was the color of her skin and very tempting. I thought I talked to Faith about that! I grumbled.

She turned smoothly dancing in the moonlight. She giggled, light and airy. She could have been laughing at me . . . I didn’t care. That laughed was soothing and I could listen to it for the rest of my life. Okay, Angel, get a hold of yourself God damn it! You’re letting yourself get all emotional over a mermaid!

“Angel,” Aqua stopped spinning and smiled. I sighed and met her gaze.

“What is it?” I asked with little emotion.

“You’re so cold . . .” she sighed stepping closer to me.

“You have already established that,” I snapped.

“I won’t let you push me away, Angel,” She repeated her words from earlier today.

All my coldness melted, my hatred faded away, I gave in. She warmed me to my core. I couldn’t explain it, but it was the effect this girl had on me. It annoyed the hell out of me.

I trapped her against the trunk of a nearby tree. She gasped shocked, the smile falling from her face. “I don’t need you!” I growled, more to convince myself then her.

She saw that. The smiled reappeared on her face, “Why kid yourself, Angel. For God’s sake, even Faith sees it. Like I said . . . you’re as easy as an open book to read, Angie,” She teased.

“Why . . .” I wanted to say Why don’t you go to hell? but that is certainly not what came out, “Why do you affect me the way you do?”

Her face became serious, “Angel,” The way she sighed my name . . . it had an unwanted effect on me.

I gave in and leaned into her. Her sweet summery scent engulfed me. I pushed my hunger into the back of my mind. It was surprisingly easy enough. My hunger for her blood was easily over powered by my hunger for her. For her lips, her neck, her body, her touch. I was shirtless with sweatpants on. Still in my pajamas, of course. I moved my hands to her small fragile waist and pulled her closer to me. She gasped and I moaned. I moved my lips to her neck. I wanted to feel her warmth all around me. She moved her hands from my chest to my hair. She pulled my hair back causing my lips to leave her neck and then she moved her lips to mine. I moved my one hand to her lower back and the other to her very short hemline.

She moaned and I sighed happily. I moved my lips to her cheek then jaw line.  I trailed kisses along her neck and collarbone. She rested her head against my neck. I could feel her warm breath on my skin . . . her heartbeat increased. It all felt too amazing to be true . . .

That was when awoke with a start, sitting straight. I blinked a few times and realized I was still in Aqua’s room. I looked over. Aqua looked peacefully asleep with Faith clinging to her one side as she rested her head on Nick’s chest. He was awkwardly sitting against the headboard, and Victoria and Gabriel were curled up at the foot of the bed.

They were all peacefully asleep.

When had Gabriel showed up? He must have wandered in here after I was already asleep. Sleep . . . that dream. If I had a heartbeat, it would be racing. Aqua seemed to have that effect on me.