Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Aqua's POV

Sound came back to me before I was fully aware I was even awake.

"She looks fine. It seems the vampire saved her life," A male voice commented.

"Do not speak of that vampire around me again. I never want to think about his visit here," Hapu spat. He sounded angry with an underlying worry. "She will be okay?"

"Yes," The other responded.

"Fine, then you are dismissed," Hapu breathed.

There was silence and then a door opening and closing.

I slowly forced my eyes to begin to open. They fluttered, but luckily the sun had gone down over the horizon and only a soft torchlight glow illuminated the room.

"Aqua?" Hapu walked over and sat at the edge of the bed. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I am fine," I breathed slowly sitting up, making sure I wouldn't get light headed. Hapu propped up some pillows and I sat back. "I am fine thanks to Angel." I smiled happy. It wasn't a dream . . . Angel was here! I kissed Angel again! I never thought I would.

"And you almost died because of yourself. That was completely irresponsibly and childish. I cannot believe you would put your father through that! All for some beast,” Hapu stood and paced.

"But I am alright and so is Angel," I smiled brightly.

"Yes, and he is gone," Hapu snapped.

"No . . ." I shook my head confused.

"He left! He was told to leave and he did!" Hapu shouted at me. “So it looks like you are stuck with me.”

"You are lying . . . Angel wouldn't leave me . . . not without saying good-bye . . . no!" I shouted back.

"Well, believe it," He stopped pacing and faced me. "Believe me, he had your best interest at mind."

"My best interest is to be with him!" I argued.

"No, it is to be with your own kind. Your father, along with Uki and Tara, helped him to see that. He listened to the voice of reason and he took his brothers and left. He realized that after the incident in the courtyard, it was not safe for him to be around you." Hapu nodded.

"Brothers?" I breathed confused. I was still stuck on Angel leaving. “Oh, Stephen and Gabriel,” I shook my head.

"Yes, them . . . It doesn't matter, Aqua. He left you . . ."

"No!" I stood. I wobbled a bit and then regained my composure, "You are lying . . . you have to be! I refuse to believe it!"

"He left, Aqua! And now everything is as it should be. We will marry tomorrow and together we will take the crown. Just as planned," He took me in his arms, smirking.

"No!" I fought against him. "I don't want you or the crown . . . I just want Angel! He wants me too! You're a liar!" I shouted as I hit him away from me.

"Are you crying?" He scoffed.

"Stop!" I yelled at him as the tears rolled down my cheeks.

"He is nothing but a monster . . . a heartless creature. How could you possibly expect him to return your love?" Hapu pushed.

"No! I wont listen!" I cried and turned away from him.

"He used you, Aqua! You were sweet and innocent and he used you as he wanted you just waiting for the right time to toss you to the side! A creature like him cannot love like you!" Hapu argued.