Chapter 7- Sky Dragon

Now with a plan of action, they set to work the next day. They searched the whole lodge for anything they thought they would need, and packed it into one of two backpacks, the smaller one or the larger one.

Callum managed to find a belt that went through the spine of his book and fashioned it into a strap, enabling him to carry the book wherever he went and stop the risk of losing it.

It took most of the day to find and complete everything they needed, but as they sat down for one last meal in the lodge, there was a sudden noise against the window. Everyone looked to see trails of water running down the glass and more water soaking the ground outside.

Rayla sighed, returning to her meal, "Glad we aren't out in this."

"Yeah, soggy is not my style," Ez chuckled as he bit into his sandwich.

Callum, however, just stared out the glass, "W-what is it?"

"Umm, rain?"

"Rain?"

"Yeah, you know, water that falls from the sky?" Ezran explained.

Callum kept staring before standing up from his seat, and going out the kitchen's back door. He opened it and watched, blinking when he felt water splashing against his face. "Rain?" he repeated once more, reaching out his hand to catch some water, feeling it splash against his skin.

Rayla and Ezran just stared at his back, confused by his interest in the rain.

Before either of them could stop him, he ran out into the dark storm, away from the lodge. They could still see him from the window, watching as he walked through the water droplets, and like he had when he first saw the sun, closed his eyes, letting the feeling embrace him.

Inside, Rayla blinked. "He's never seen the rain before," she realised, then pulled her hood up and headed for the door. The elf joined him outside, "Callum, Callum are you alright?"

He turned to her, water already soaking through his clothes and hair, yet, he smiled. "It's raining Rayla!" he laughed, then looked around for a puddle of water on the ground, wasting no time jumping into it with both feet. The water splashed up and over his trousers, soaking the fabric.

The elf frowned, "Callum, come inside, you shouldn't be out here, you'll get sick."

He ignored her, finding another puddle and splashing around in it as well. He let out a whoop as he ran from puddle to puddle, splashing around, kicking the water when he could and laughing.

"Cal-" she started before pausing, watching him closer.

There was a spark.

A literal spark of lightning crackled around him, concentrating on his arm. Another formed, then another, and another, more electricity beginning to run over his body as he laughed and played in the rain. He didn't seem to care about or even notice it, just going from puddle to puddle.

The elf took a step back, wondering what this could be. In the darkness, it was easy to see the lightning as it continued to collect around him.

Callum turned and ran a little further away from the lodge until he found a much larger puddle, bigger than any of the others. He ran up to it and jumped as high as he could, wings spreading wide as he cheered.

"Fulminis!"

Suddenly, all of the lightning that had been gathering around him, shot up through his body and into the sky, lighting it up in a dramatic and glorious display. It was over in a second as the lightening vanished, but Callum just stood in his puddle, staring up at the sky. He turned to Rayla and pointed upwards, "Rayla! Did you see that?!"