Chapter 19- King Ezran of Katolis

SL: Okay, so, I'm going to write a note at the beginning here because it's important.

I know this is an AU story, but it's only really around Callum and his adventures. Unless explicitly mentioned, everything that happened in Katolis in the show still happened in this story.

So, Viren still tried to become king, he still sent the messages to the other kingdoms, they still turned him down, he's pretended to be regent, he was arrested for treason, he still went nuts and tried to kill everyone, he still has his 'little bug pal' in his ear, and he's still a son of a b. But yes, everything that happened in the show happened here too. That also includes the Breach, the Sunfire Elves, and everything with Amaya.

Okay, back to the story.

~#~

With Pyrrah giving them a ride over the great water, Ezran, Bait, and Corvus made it back to Katolis in a few short days. They were able to take the direct routes instead of the twisted, undercover ones they had previously taken when leaving.

Two days, and Ezran was back home, lying in his father's bed as king. Bait nuzzled him awake before leading him to the golden crown on the chair. Ezran sighed as he glanced at it, then at the light band on his wrist. "Callum? Can you hear me?" he asked, but it just glowed a faint green. He turned to Bait. "I guess they're too far away now. I wonder what green means?" Bait himself glowed green before walking over to the balcony, looking eastward. "We'll get to Xadia one day," he promised the toad.

Holding the crown in his hands, he walked out of the room, and a pair of guards standing outside retracted their crossed spears. Ezran smiled and stepped back, watching the spears cross once more. Smirking, he stepped back and forth, watching them repeat the action until he got bored and headed on his way. The guards joined him, following behind.

As he walked through the halls, the baker approached, a tray of triangular treats in his hands. "May I offer his majesty a freshly baked jelly tart?" he asked, presenting a view of the pastries.

Crown still in hand, the boy frowned, confused. "Uh, really? It's okay? Um, sure!"

"The king requests a tart of jelly!" the guard behind him shouted, making both Ez and Bait jump.

"Of course." The baker smiled, and allowed him to take one of the tarts.

Ezran looked down at the treats and bit his lip. "May I have another?"

"The king requests another tart of jelly!"

"You don't have to repeat everything I say," Ez informed the guard with a smile.

"The king requests that you stop repeating!" the other guard told the first. Everyone turned to him, and he soon hung his head. "Uh, I realized as soon as I said it."

The baker nodded and held the tray out. "You may have as many tarts as you care for."

Ezran decided to take advantage of the offer and snatched up as many as his arms could hold while a familiar face approached them. "Corvus!" He smiled up at him, glad to have the hunter's company. They had gotten quite close over their trip.

The man smiled fondly. "All packed for your journey to the throne?"

"Would you like a tart of jelly?" Ezran chuckled, glancing at the guard who looked away in discomfort.

The hunter tried to hold back a smirk. "No thanks."

"Don't worry, we can have as many as we want!"