Season 1 Break- Questions and Answers

So, it's been a week, and we got 11 questions.

1. From HiddenWorldQueen - To Amaya

Hey Amaya, hope you ain't busy or anything. But I was wondering why didn't you go into Ezran's room and find that letter?

From Amaya

'I'm not aware of any letter. I was slightly more concerned with finding my nephew and saving him from the dragon and elf.'

2. From Snowyflake62 - To Callum (after he wakes up)

How are you feeling does your head still hurt does the bite still hurt do you want me to go kill that think in the water for you?

From Callum

"I-I have a little bit of a headache... but, I think I'm okay... and there's no need to kill it. The snake's all the way back in the frozen lake anyway. And... it was just protecting itself so... I don't see a reason to kill it."

3. From Jeramyd - To Rayla

Do you like Callum? He's such a sweet dragon boy, right?

From Rayla

"Well, it's kinda hard not to like Callum. He's so kind and sweet, despite everything that's happened to him. I mean... it's beautiful."

4. From Jeramyd - To Callum

Did you feel an instant connection with Ezran when he helped rescued you? You are so protective of him!

From Callum

"He was the first person in ten years to show me kindness. He's the one who showed me all humans aren't evil, unlike Master Viren. Not only was he kind to me, but he's just a boy, younger than even me. It's...It's my duty to keep him safe."

5. From Jeramyd – To Authors

Are you planning to continue staying somewhat close to canon or do you want to diverge more?

From Story

We are staying as close to canon as we can but obviously there are some changes along the way. No spoilers but at one point we are introducing a completely new OC.

From Ray

The first season stayed pretty close to canon. As the story progresses, and as more characters are introduced, the story begins to diverge more and more. I will not spoil what changes however. I am no spoiler. ^-^

6. From DragonReaperKing – To Ray or Story

Will Callum be able to connect to all six primal sources at some point?

From Ray:

Well, he won't master the Six Primal Sources. He's a sky dragon, and will wield sky magic...However, there's nothing saying he can't utilize other sources to some degree...I will not say more. ^-^

From Story:

Yeah, no spoilers but I really wanted Cal to be able to use all sources... but... plans change. Doesn't mean they can't change back again...

7. From Jeramyd – To Authors

How often do you share ideas and work together as you write?

From Story:

Pretty much every day on Discord. I don't think there is a single day we don't talk about something Dragon Prince related, right ray?

From Ray:

Pretty much. Every day we barf up something to share. X3

From Story:

Yeah, barf is the word. Word vomit from us both. Get an idea; just vomit it out and then try and see if it would work or work as a prompt

8. From Leafeon12- To Authors

I was wondering since this Callum has a primal Arcanum of sky magic will want to learn other magic from other primal sources?

From Story:

As we said to DragonReaperKing in question 6, plans change.

From Ray:

Well...I don't really plan on changing what we've got. But hey, I'm open-minded to some things sprinkled here and there.

9. From Leafeon12- To Authors

Will Callum soon be a big brother and get his own dragon form?

From Story:

Sorry! No spoilers!

From Ray:

We ain't gonna say! That'd be spoilers! X3

10. From Dogthulhu - To Storylady35 and Ray-Ken

What are the limits of dragon shape shifting? Do they have a humansona, an elfsona, and a combinationsona? or do they just have one bipedsona?

From Story:

What do you say Ray? Do we tell them?

From Ray:

Well...I mean...I'm just gonna say...you'll find out soon enough. :)

11. From Xranger00 - To the Authors

Do Callum, Rayla and Ezran have the same age as in the series?

From Ray:

Yes. Truly, an original answer. XD

From Story:

Short, simple and to the point... for once.

From Ray:

Hey, I am somewhat offended! I'm not that bad.

From Story:

So yes, Callum is 14, Rayla 15 and Ezran 10.

From Ray:

No, Callum is 14 and 5/6. Ugh, get it right Story. X3

SL: So, thanks everyone for the questions! It was really great to answer them and know how you're feeling. Breath of Hope will be back next Friday!

In the meantime, please check out "The Dragon Prince: Breath of Hope Extras and Prompts" on Wattpad or Ao3. FanFiction.net and DeviantART are not getting this new bonus content, so if you're reading this on either of those sites, you'll have to swap I'm afraid.