Rayo

Riiing riiiinng

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing ring

My phone's constant ringing was rubbing in my face the terrifying thing my dumb ass is about to do. I looked at Gerard in panic while it buzzed and it seemed like the ringing lasted forever. He shot back a look that says 'you know what you are doing shut up.' Love you Gee.

"Gee, I need to write down what imma say and rehearse it, I can't do this!" I whined. I went to go press the hang up button when I heard a small

"Hello?" From the other line, causing both me and Gerard to gasp. I looked for the words to say and he said hello again probably thinking I was a prank caller.

H-e-l-l-o! Gerard mouthed

"H-hi." I said quickly, so absolutely nervous that my hands shook at an alarming rate. I set my phone down and took a breath.

"Who is this, exactly...?" Ray asked from the other line. It was so calming to just hear his voice even though it was slightly different. I felt tears coming on and blinked my eyes really fast to prevent them from spilling. God am I ridiculous, get to the point Frank! Speak to him!

"I-hi um is this.. this is Ray, right?"

"That's me." He said blankly.

"Uh, um hi um, Ray this Frank, I don't know if you remember me I mean it's kinda been a while and stuff went down an-"

"Wait like, Frank, Frank? Frank Iero, Frank?"

"Haha yep... Frank Iero, Frank." I laughed nervously, not sure whether it's a good or bad thing that he remembers me.

"Fuck it's been a while, um. You're serious right? You're not some like random kid trying to pull a prank or something?"

"Yeah, it's really me." I breathe. "I just.. I wanted to see how you are doing, and like if you are umm, alive.. which I can tell you are.. and uh I wanted to say sorry, I never meant to break anything, and I never meant to never talk to you again...."

"I'm- I'm glad you called. To be vague, I'm doing pretty good, yes I'm still alive, and I think I forgive you." He giggled, so I did in reply. "I just don't quite understand, is there anyway we could meet somewhere, talk shit out, y'know? Like life and everything. Oh and I don't know maybe you disappearing for what, 6, 7 years? I was worried man."

I breathed a sigh of relief. I'm so, so, so incredibly glad that he isn't mad at me. That already felt like a humongous weight off my shoulders that has been sitting there for, well 7 years..

"That would actually be really great!" I smiled, but then it faltered. "The sucky part is, I live in New Hampshire, is there a time maybe this weekend or something that you would be free?" I held my breath, really hoping that he would be free. I drive to New Jersey would probably suck, and most definitely require taking time off of work, but I will do whatever I have to.

"Yeah I'm free all the time really. I have my own business, which I will tell you about when we meet up, but I choose my own schedule." I could feel the same old quirky, joking wink through the phone, and suppressed a laugh. "Also, I live in Boston now, so that will be a hell of a lot closer than Belleville." Boston? That's so cool! His own business? Hell yeah!

"I can take off the whole weekend including Friday, how's that?"

"That's perfect! I'm pumped!"

"Also, one last question." I giggled, excited to see, well, hear, his reaction. I picked up the phone and plopped down on the couch facing Gerard.

"Shoot!"

"Is it cool with you if I bring my drop-dead, gorgeous, brilliant, and talented boyfriend?" I looked right into Gerard's eyes as I spoke bringing a blush across his cheeks. I heard a wheeze from the other end of the line.