Proposal

"Frank- I love this place. It's so cool. Plus it's so close to Fenway Park." Gerard smiled, joy clear in his face.

"I know right!" That's what I replied on the outside. Inside, I said 'yeah exactly, dear Jesus I'm so glad you got that.'

We both sat down at a table and ordered our drinks, the regular kind of restaurant. I didn't let him order anything too alcoholic because I don't want him to be giving me a drunk response later tonight.

We are, talked a lot and just help the normal kind of conversation between us both. I think I was hiding it pretty well, to be honest.

I know what you're thinking, god Frank? Aren't you nervous? This here is life or death! But to answer that, no, I'm not nervous. Mostly. I know Gerard loves me and he knows I love him. We both absolutely adore each other and there is no doubt about it.

There's a 50/50 chance that he will say yes, or he will say no and honestly, if he says no it's going to be for a damn good reason. He doesn't just do things without a reason. That's just not him.

It was about an hour later then when we got here and we were waiting for dessert to arrive so I decided to pull the question.

"Hey Gee?"

"Yes my love?"

"Well I just wanted to say that; you're the best thing to ever happen to me and I mean it. I know we've had a lot of late night or early morning talks about stuff like this but... you just are amazing. I never really knew love before me. I always thought that everyone was the best I was going to get and that I would have to live with such an average relationship my entire life. But.. then you came in and cared for me like no other human being to walk to face of this earth. You would risk anything you had too and it means so much. Not only did I get out of those below average, sucky relationships because of you, but I started a while knew one that showed me love and compassion, everything in between. I have no doubt in my mind that I have met the perfect human being. I know you are going to tell me that you aren't perfect, and maybe you don't think you are but you are quite perfect. Quite perfect for me too. What I'm trying to say is," I got down on one knee in front of Gerard and he gasped, aware of what was going on.

"Baby-"

"Gerard Arthur Way; will you please make me the luckiest queer; luckiest human being; and the luckiest hardly a man; on the earth by being my husband?" I took a deep breath and so did he.

"Get your goofy ass off the floor, yes yes yes, of course yes Frankie, I love you." Gerard squealed ans laughed. He pulled me up by my hands and brought me into the biggest hug known to man-kind.

We heard people clapping around us, saying faint 'awww's' and congratulating us. I forgot that there were other human beings around us but like- ok.

"I'm glad Gee, I'm really glad. Who am I kidding I'm more than glad. You make me the happiest queer on Earth." I laughed crying into his shoulder and him doing the same. I was just so glad things went well, and I'm hoping he is so glad that I popped the question.

He took the ring from my hand and took it out of the box to examine it. He twisted it to read the words and then twirled it on to his finger.

"But you're beautiful to me. That's our lyric... Frankie this ring is so gay." He whispered with a beautiful smile. He stared at the small metal ring and his eyes glistened with joyful tears.

"I'm glad you like it." I held his hand and then let my awkwardness get the best of me. "So.. what now?" I questioned. Hell I've never proposed before are we supposed to go make a child, or like plan the wedding right away? Shit I don't know.

""Well we ain't leaving until I get my dessert, and we ain't leaving until we pay either." Gerard replied in a sassy, yet joking tone. We finished up dinner and he of course ate his dessert before we left and headed on home. We considered going out and doing something else, but both of us are introverts that would rather sit on the couch and cuddle.

We spent the rest of the late night watching the office, curled up and comfortable. Gerard was sitting with his back against the arm and the head of the couch while I sat between his legs, my head against his chest. We had probably 8 blankets, and we were so comfortable it was like heaven.

I kept seeing Gerard admiring his ring and it made me so happy that he liked it. He would turn his hand so that the light shined off the rainbow band and the words engraved in it.

I looked up at him in complete awe. This is the man I get to spend the rest of my life with. This beautiful human being curled up around me. I smiled and hugged him which he didn't expect.

"What?" He asked, laughing. I brought my face up form his chest and looked him in the eyes, still squeezing him with the biggest bear hug.

"I just- I just love you so much." I shoved my face back into his shirt and I felt him smile against my forehead.

"I love you so much too. Thank you for everything." He hugged me tightly back, and we just stayed like that for a while.

\_o.o_/

The next day, we both found ourselves asleep on the couch from the night before. We were awoken by a soft knock on the door.

"Gee.." I said, sleep still relevant in my voice. "Get the door.."

"I can't Frank, you are on top of me." Knock knock.

"Fuck you're right, I see you, I'm going." I rolled off of Gerard, not wanting to leave his warmth. I slowly walked to the door and the knocking continued. Holy Christ whoever this is, they are annoying.

I opened the big door to find Mikey and Pete standing in the doorway. Both Gerard and I had forgotten that we invited them over, but I of course welcomed them in.

"H-hey.." I slurred, obviously still tired.

"Frank did you just wake up?" Mikey asked unimpressed. He gave me that disappointing mom glare and so I gave it right back.

"Yes I did actually. So did your brother, ha he's on the couch." I giggled and walked back to my place next to my new fiancé. Hmm we should tell them that huh?

"I'm not even gonna ask." Mikey said in response to my foolishness. He gasped when he walked in to see Gerard's new hairstyle. It wasn't a bad gasp though, he obviously liked it. How could you not?

He and Pete sat in the living room while Gerard and I went upstairs to get dressed before telling them the news. We both hobbled down the stairs, excited to tell them.

"So Mikey, guess what Frankie did?" At this moment I forgot I asked Mikey for advice first, so when a knowing look dawned on his face, I sent him back a look that said 'act like you didn't know.' It surprisingly worked.

"Oh gosh what did he do?" He replied. Gerard immediately stuck out his ringed hand for Mikey to inspect. Mikey took in a dramatic breath, and I dug my face into Gerard at his stupidity.

"Do ya like?" Gee's smile was a mile wide as he showed Mikey and I found myself adoring him even more. How the fuck is that possible?

"I love it Gee."