CONDITIONS

KABIR

In the morning Vashisht brothers got up with the message on their phone that, ' REQUESTED TO MEET ME AT 10.30 AM SHARP. ALL TOGETHER '

Though it was just a ten word message but it had sent the brothers into shock. Their father Mr. Inderjeet Vashisht was a man of few words, who used word in message too very carefully. Though the message had a tone of request but the Vashisht brothers knew that it was nothing less than an order. An order that could not be disobeyed. And calling all of them together was never a good sign and given his health condition, more serious.

When the Vashisht brothers reached the hospital, each one of them was tensed. When they asked Suman about it even she had no clue, which was a first. Suman was Inderjeet's confidante, there were no secret between them. But today even she was clueless and tensed.

As soon as the doctor came out the room after check-up he said, "Bhabhi ji, what happened Inder seem very stressed. Please take care he is still critical. Just agree with what he wants don't stress him further. And yes please don't talk much. I am just round the corner."

Dr. Shankar Iyer was Inderjeet Vashisht's best friend and neighbor, he was also their family doctor for a long time. His words further increased the tension in the atmosphere.

Soon taking a deep breath all the four entered the room and Inderjeet asked the nurse to go out for some time. He tried to sit when Vansh and Kabir tied to help. He tried to stop them, but smiled when he saw Suman glaring.

Finally he sat removed his oxygen mask and said with great difficulty, "It has been a fatal attack, I don't know how much time I have left....."

"Dad....." all the three sons shouted and Suman was on brink of tears and tried to shut his mouth.

He showed them hands to stop, just than a nurse came and warned them not to shout.

"Listen I know there is no use of painting a glossy picture, I know how much this medicines could support me, well I think I need more of reasons to live and look forward to than this medicines." Inderjeet said as a matter of fact.

When his children tried to speak, he again stopped them and said, "Listen I cant stress much... I would come direct to the point."

"I want my sons to be married before they turn 30, as Kabir is already 30, it would be his next birthday. If even one of you fail..... consider all 3 of you out of the business and my will. Everything will go to your cousins Mohit and Rohit, every last penny." Inderjeet said looking at the shocking face of his 3 sons and wife. Even Suman had not thought such drastic decision from his side.

"But Dad....." Athrav tried to speak.

"I am not over yet Atthu.... Let me complete" Inderjeet said stopping his son.

"The transfer of property will be on immediate effect, on 16th next month, if Kabir is not married by that time, or else by 24th Sep, on Vansh's birthday as he turns 30, if he is not married. You have nearly one year Atthu....." Inderjeet said without emotions.

"Thank you very much.." Athrav said sarcastically. And the other two brothers looked at him as he had grown a second head.

"What...." Athrav said as if stating what had he done.

"Well its not all" Inderjeet said taking Suman's hands.

"What you really mean you have more bombs left in your bag" Kabir asked annoyed.

"Kabir......" Suman warned him.

Kabir made a zip sign on his lips and stood quit, with anger coursing through his veins.