I AM HER SISTER

VRINDHA

The next day Vrindha got up or rather Vashist family got up with shouting of Triveni rather than their alarm clock.

"What happened Veni, is everything all right?" she asked worried.

"Why are you sleeping in the guest room when you should be sleeping with Kabir?" Triveni asked folding her hands.

Before Vrindha could answer, the others too entered and Athrav was especially annoyed.

"Well, who are you, to ask that?" Athrav asked.

"Her sister...and I must see that my di is happy in her new home..." Triveni said.

"I never knew bhabi had any siblings, when where you born?" Athrav asked.

"Yesterday night at 12 am... any problem with you mister? " Triveni.

"If you are newborn, behave like one...... We know how to take care, of our bhabi..... and before being your sister she is our friend, we Vashist know how to take care of our own, no need of your interference...." Athrav said annoyed.

Soon Triveni and Athrav begin to argue, Vansh and Vrindha tried to control them but in vain, Kabir was to looking at them helplessly. Soon Suman came and shouted, "Why are you shouting?"

But by this time both of them were literally pulling each other's hairs, Suman's words made them stop fighting instantly, but before they began again she took Triveni with her and gave warning to Athrav asking him to say sorry, though adamant Atharav said sorry and went to his room.

Vrindha sat on her bed catching her head. Kabir sat near her holding her shoulders.

"Is the drama over or is anything else left....." She asked.

"Well, your sister..... Do you expect any less?" he said with a smile.

"What do you mean by that Vashishit?" She asked in a warning tone.

Kabir did not want to annoy her so he quickly changed the topic saying, "Don't waste your energy fighting me Nandu, save something, we are going to meet mother, I got a call that she is up. And you would need everything in you to explain her, though is a soft lady, your stubbornness and courage comes from her. So be prepared..... "

She quickly got up and decided to get ready, but stopped as she was entering the washroom, as she had still did not have her clothes with her. "Bira....."

"Don't worry Nandu, the maid is bringing the cloths for you... But beware its mom who did the complete shopping" he said warning her before leaving.

Just after 5 minutes 4 maids came carrying dress, jewelry, sandals, cosmetics...... and even the inners. Vrindha just looked in awe at the number of items that covered the whole bed. She had not brought this much for her marriage, leave alone the brand.

Soon Suman entered and said, "Sorry Vindu I brought everything in a hurry and of my own choice, I never bothered asking you. I was not really sure of your choices, but I think we can manage..... let your mother get well we will go shopping together and you can buy anything you like and even from this if you want to change anything just tell me"

"No, it's already too much Sumi aunty...... And I am not too much fond of dress and jewelry, that's Mami's department. I prefer more simple stuff. You have brought item I would have buy half my life......" Vrindha said looking everywhere other than Suman.

Suman just hugged her and said strictly, "First of all Vindu stop calling me Sumi aunty and start with a mom as Kabir do...... you are my daughter now, and I always considered you one. And about this stuff they are yours... Do not take me wrong dear but you are a Vashishit now not Sharma, you would represent this family where ever you go, whatever you do, say or wear would have a huge impact so please be careful. I know it's all overwhelming for you and you are not prepared at all but that's the truth now. And I know for sure that my friend Gayatri had prepared her daughter to face anything in life with a smile, and you are a fighter like her."