Introduction

Karima was tired. After a nearly 12 hour flight, all she wanted to do was sleep. Especially after getting this notification:

NWSL:
Two time world champion Emily Sonnett has been confirmed to have completed a trade with Orlando Pride

Unfortunately however, Karima was ambushed by a familiar figure.
"Hiya!" A cheerful small Dutch player bundled over to her like an energetic puppy.
A player Karima recognised as Beth Mead had now came over as well.
"Daan," she sighed "there's no need to overwhelm our new singing is there?"
Daniëlle frowned. "I wasn't being rude was I?" Her accent was a peculiar mix of Dutch with a hint of North London in it which Karima weirdly loved.
Beth's attention was now on the USWNT player. "It's always a welcome addition to have someone like you on our team." She said, sticking her hand out.
"Awh chucks!" Karima gushed accepting her handshake.
"Today's been a busy day." Beth gestured to Karima's phone. "Sure you might've heard about some of the other acquisitions we've made."
Karima nodded. She'd heard. Arsenal have completed moves for Lucy Bronze, Lieke Martens and she was sure there was someone else. She hadn't seen their name so Karima wondered if they were relatively unknown.

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by Daniëlle telling here "It's time to head to the base to sign the contract!" Karima couldn't help but laugh at how energetic the now 32-year old still was.
Upon arrival, Karima posed for photos with various pieces of Arsenal Merchandise from scarves to balls to a...mug?
Karima got to meet the now manager of the team, former Arsenal and England player and one of her all time idols, Alex Scott.
"It's always a pleasure to have a player like you on the team Mendoza!" These warm words truly meant a lot to her, especially coming from someone like Scott.
After eventually signing the contract, Karima was led around the facilities and got to meet several players, including Vivianne Miedema and Jordan Nobbs.
Then Karima alongside fellow signings Lucy Bronze and Lieke Martens had to do a photo shoot. She chatted to her new teammates and found them especially nice. She was surprised to learn that Bronze could speak Portuguese and that Martens already had the hang of a North London accent.

After what appeared to be the end of an exhausting day, Mead and Van de Donk met Karima outside the base where they drove her to where she'd be staying. "It's only until you get a new place." Daniëlle bluntly told her, receiving an elbow from Beth in the process.
"It's with a fellow new signing." Beth said as if this reassured Karima. It didn't. It always made her nervous to be around someone who knew the process with as little experience as her.
Then she remembered. "Did you guys not sign someone else? I didn't see anyone at the photo shoot bar Lucy and Lieke."
Beth shook her head. "Our fellow signing is...quite shy I assume. She did participate in the shoot she just left before you guys came."
Karima frowned. She hadn't appeared to find someone this nervous...since her.

They had now arrived. Opening the door, Beth and Daniëlle entered while Karima got her suitcase out.
When she entered the house, Daniëlle was waiting for her, politely holding the door, and Karima could hear Beth talking to someone else. At the corner of her eye, a familiar dirty blonde figure appeared.
"Is that..." Karima narrowed her eyes.
"Ennen Roscoe?"