A shock omission

For a moment, Karima woke up as normal. Then, she heard the bickering. Fuck it wasn't a nightmare she realised.
Going downstairs, Karima heard the arguing stop. She could tell everyone was still startled by her "outburst" from yesterday.
Everyone ate in silence. Until Ennen spoke up. "Who were you taking to on the phone yesterday?" Karima was surprised she'd heard. "Emma MacFarlene." Ennen scrunched her nose up. "Who's that?" Karima was shocked she didn't remember who Emma was. "Uh...blonde bob, blue eyes, wears glasses well she wore glasses now it's contacts."
Ennen was still confused. "Your description was shit Karima." Karima shrugged. "She went to our elementary do you not remember?" Judging by Roscoes expression, she hadn't.
Suddenly, Mona wandered into the room, rubbing her eyes as if she was in a dream. "Whuh, where am I?" She mumbled.
Karima put on the best fake smile she had. "You feeling better now Mona? Ready to return home?" Mona looked at her bluntly. "I dunnae have a hame." What?
"How?" Kerry asked the one question on everyone's mind. Shrugging Mona told them, "I got kicked out my house when I was 17, my boyfriend became best friends with a drug dealer and...here I am!"
The ending made everyone wince. "So you live on the streets?" Kerry summarised. Mona looked at her, puzzled. "Well duh woman!"

Before the conversation could continue any further, Karima's phone went off. Looking at it, she saw the following notification:
Twitter
Recommended for you
USWNT Icon Carli Lloyd has been appointed as manager of the National team

Karima was pleasantly surprised. In a way...she could see it but that didn't mean she thought it would ever happen.
Clicking onto the article, Karima saw that Ashlyn Harris, Ali Krieger and Megan Rapinoe had been added to the coaches and she was glad to see that Dawn was still on the team. Another welcome addition was the arrival of Abby Wambach as assistant manager. Two very experienced heads that were needed.
Karima would still miss Vlatko though. He was the one who gave Karima her debut with the national team and made all this possible.
Just then, her phone went off again and Karima saw the following notification:
ESPN
New USWNT manager Carli Lloyd set to release roster for friendlies against France and Jamaica

Already? Wait this news piece was published 2 hours ago...and it said she was set to send the roster out...?
"Karima look!" Kerry had her phone out and was showing a list of names.
Ennen was shocked "OH MY FUCKING GOD I'VE BEEN SELECTED!"
Karima narrowed her eyes "I'm pleased Ennen but...where am I?"