"Can we talk?"

Daniëlle appeared pleasantly surprised. "You know her?" Her voice then dropped. "She was pretty unknown in Barcelona, we've unearthed a gem it seems."
Karima didn't reply, still standing in shock as she tried to the best of her abilities, to process exactly what was going on.
This doesn't make any fucking sense, was the only thought stirring in her mind.
She didn't even know where to start. Just then Beth reappeared and wrapped her arm around Daniëlle. "Right we're gonna go." She looked around. "She's prepared for you already thankfully so you just need to go upstairs and unpack...your rooms next to hers."
Karima nodded. But she still couldn't process it.
However she did as she was told and went upstairs. Karima went to a room she judged was hers based off the prepared deep blue bed and colour matching accessories that included the closet, a desk and shelves.
Karima frowned. Did Ennen seriously do all this for her? She does know that shade of blue is my favourite, Karima bitterly thought.
She had noticed that the room that appeared to be Ennen's had the light off, she was presumably asleep. Checking the time, Karima noted it was quarter to eight.
Training wasn't until two tomorrow but Karima thought better than staying up late. So she unpacked and changed into her nightgear. Picking up her phone, Karima contemplated letting someone know she was here...then decided against it.
Turing the light off and hopping into bed, it wasn't long until Karima was asleep.

Ennen looked over to Karima who was sitting next to her. "Do you know what you want to be?" She peered over her fellow 11-year old classmates shoulder. Their teacher Mrs Brown had asked the class to fill in their worksheets and the first question was about what they aspired to be when they were older.
Karima shrugged but she knew. She didn't want Ennen to see it, she didn't think she'd approve.
"We've got soccer practise after school." The blonde nonchalantly reminded her.
Still twirling her hair and playing with her fingernails, Ennen was stuck. So she got through time by talking to others and asking what they filled in on the sheets, occasionally getting told off by the teacher for distracting the class.
Karima then went up to the teacher to ask for a rubber. When she got back, she saw her best friend holding up her sheet in disbelief. "You wanna be a soccer player?"
"Don't yell it!" Karima hissed, looking around paranoid to see if anyone else noticed. It didn't seem to be. Getting into her seat, she whispered "Is there a problem with it?"
Ennen scrunched up her nose. "I dunno...I'd go for something more realistic."
These words sunk into Karima like a needle. "I got inspired by the 99ers." Was all she mumbled, almost trying to comfort herself.
Ennen appeared to feel bad. "Well look I won't tell anyone." She held out her baby finger. "Pinky promise?" Karima stuck out her pinky. "Pinky promise." She confirmed.
Yet when the bell finished to signal the school day, Karima rushed out, grabbed her bag and entered through the playground to get out the gates.
She heard snickering. "So's this the wannabe soccer player?" Kerry mocked. "In your dreams!" Someone else roared and the group all burst into laughter. Karima waited until they were gone for tears to flow down her face. "Hey what's wrong?" Ennen rushed up to her, seeing her friend in a blubbery state.
"Did you t-tell them what I wanted to be?" Karima choked out.
Ennen's face instantly changed, as if being accused of a heinous crime. "Why would I do that?" She then hissed. "It's not my fault they heard something so delusional." Once again Roscoe's words arrowed into her chest and Karima could only dramatically collapse to the floor as Ennen walked off, leaving her in the now pouring rain.

Karima woke up. It was quarter to eight. In the morning. She had gotten a full 12 hours of sleep. Still feeling groggy, Karima headed downstairs to see a bowl prepared for her with...Weetos? Her favourite cereal. Odd, Karima remarked. After finishing her breakfast, Karima heard a voice she didn't want to hear. "Can we talk?"