The reactions

Karima didn't know how long the pause lasted.

Maybe she didn't want to know.

She never heard Carli struggle for words before. 

But was Karima really surprised?

"What do you mean you think?"

"I-I kissed Ennen. I don't know why...it was just-"

But the line had went dead. And Karima wasn't surprised.

So she put the phone down.

Still in shock, Karima looked at the clock. The conversation had taken less than ten minutes but probably ruined her marriage. If Karima didn't do that herself.

She must've fell asleep. Because she woke up to hysteria.

"ENNEN ROSCOE, YOU NEVER HAD ANY POSITIVE EFFECT ON MY LIFE! I GET YOU'VE KNOWN HER FOR MOST OF YOUR LIFE BUT THAT DIDN'T MEAN YOU HAD TO TURN HER INTO EVERYONE ELSE! YOU MAKE CHEATERS ENNEN! THATS WHAT YOU DO! YOU RUIN LIVES!"

The door swung shut and Karima realised it was the front one. She wondered who left and decided who she would rather face. Neither, in the end.

It turned out her enraged wife was the one who swung open the door.

Even though she was twenty two, Karima felt she was back to her terrified teen years.
It was always the people she loved the most that she was scared of.

"I don't know why I did this." The blonde spat. "But I didn't know you had this side to you Karima. I fell in love with you because you were different. But now you're different to that woman. No, you're not a woman. You're a coward. Why couldn't you just tell me you wanted to end this? Don't you know the amount of pain that would've saved me?"

Karima couldn't do this. So she went to her room and locked the door. Then she opened her phone.

And things blew up even further.

#Sondozanomore was trending. People were enraged, saying that Karima had used Emily all along. That she would live to regret this. That Ennen could never hold a candle to Emily.

Mia Hamm had tweeted, stating that "I am disappointed because I felt like Karima was different. So many girls looked up to her and felt like they could be her and that's what they wanted to be."

Heather O'Reilly had tweeted, saying "Not a great model to look up to right now @KarimaMendoza . I never thought there was anything ongoing in their marriage. Who does @Ennen Roscoe think she is?"

Hope Solo had tweeted, telling everyone "Never want to hear this type of news. The @USWNT are clearly struggling and it feels to me like personal issues like THIS contributed to our disappointing display last year. Hope things get resolved other wise Carli has to do something."

Then it was Ash, who tweeted "OK, so the news is very upsetting. You never want to be around cheaters so it always hurts if it's someone close to you. It's important to note though that we don't know the full story. Hope more comes out soon."

Karima didn't look at anymore. She had now had messages to deal with.

Tobin
I thought I couldn't think lower of you...but Karima, what's been going on?

Lindsey
God, you disgust me. Em deserves WAY MORE than you'll ever be.

Mal
I just spent like three hours crying at the news. I hope you see something Karima. I hope you sort things out.

Sam
Look, I'm going to be honest. Karima, I don't maybe know you as well as other people, but it's clear you have to start owning up to responsibility. You're 22, not 12.

Rose
I'm not gonna judge things Karima. Not now. But you need to speak. We need to hear from you.

Karima wasn't going to reply to them. Then she got two more messages

Emma
What the fuck? I leave you for a bit to live my OWN LIFE and you cheat on Emily, with ENNEN?

Cole
Can we talk?

Karima hit the call button instantly. She didn't know what to expect .

C:Speak
K: Ennen kissed me
C:I think that's bloody obvious
K: What I mean is that I didn't really want it
C: Does that change anything?
K:Change what?
C: I don't know...the fact that you've ruined your marriage, no one wants to talk to you and the fact that your life may never be the same again?

Karima had to know stand up for herself.
K: Look Cole, our marriage was on the rocks already, everyone wants to talk to me for the truth and as for my life...it's always been a shitshow, what's new?
C: What's the truth?
K: I told you
C: So Ennen initiated everything?
K: You won't believe me...
C: (sigh) from what I heard about this Ennen, she's definitely the type to start things
K: Thanks
C: But that doesn't mean you're in the right
K: I know

Cole took a deep breath.

C: So this is a question...and I don't know how you'll answer
K: What is it?
C: Do you want this? To save your marriage with Emily?
K: Cole that's a very stupid question
C:  ...
K: Of course I want to save my marriage!
C: Well it might be too late, but  I can help

Karima didn't know what to say.

"T-Thanks Cole! I owe you so much!"
"I know you do! Now I've got to go, but you better keep in touch!"

Karima promised that as the line ended.
Just then, she heard the doorbell.

She went down the stairs. Karima looked through the hole. And didn't want to answer. But the door opened anyway.
"Ennen, the fuck do you want?" Emily was already out, ready for a fight.

Ennen didn't look at her. "Mona's in hospital."