Fuck it

There's an infamous phrase that goes...
"Once a cheater...always a cheater. If they cheat with you, they'll cheat on you."

Although Ennen was never a cheater herself, she was always the person the cheater would hook-up with. A homewrecker.
Although in the small shrewd of credibility Roscoe had left, she could point out it was all she ever knew.

Her mother was always at work, never home. So the man she called her dad always took advantage. Bringing home multiple women, Ennen could never remember their names, although their scantily clad clothing was still memorable.

She herself mirrored the behaviour. Soon her father wasn't the only one bringing people home behind her mothers back.

Karima didn't want to think anymore about Ennen though, she wish she never came into her life. Although what was four year old her to know?

Karima couldn't think. She was up all night. Eventually she got restless. And turned to the only thing that kept her calm in the most hectic storms.

It was pitch black and raining outside at five in the morning. It did nothing to stop Karima Mendoza-Sonnett from vaping, each cloud a further stab in the chest. It was self-harming. But less visible.

This time though, not even the puffs of a Juul enough to ease the worries nor pain.
As soon as Karima entered the house though, the landline started ringing.
Shit, Karima thought as she sprinted down the hallway as silent as she could to pick up the phone, who could be calling at a time like this?

"Hello?"
Hearing her former captain's words though was definitely soothing.

"Hey Karima it's me."

"Carli! It's been forever!"

Karima could hear a deep breath...or was it a sigh?

"Sorry Karima...I've been meaning to check on you for a while."

Karima was starting to see where this was going.

"I think I'm fine Carli."

"That's the problem though Karima. You always want to assure everyone, and yourself, that everything's fine. It doesn't always have to be."

Trust Lloyd's wise words to get to Karima.

"So Karima...I'll ask you; are you ok?"

The young adult's breathing started to become heavy and Karima didn't know what was going on.

"I-I..."
"Karima! Is everything OK?"

Karima only felt more guilty that she was allowing her coaches calmness to slip away.

"Y...yeah."
"Karima Mendoza-Sonnett have anyone ever told you how shit of a liar you are?"

Karima could only giggle, even if the question was serious.
"Many times."

"Seriously though, what's going on? Karima do you not remember what I said on your wedding?"

The last thing Karima wanted to get reminded of was her wedding but she didn't interject.

"I'm always here for you. And it seems clear to me like you don't understand that. And that something is going on. So you may as well just tell me."

Carli's tone had rapidly changed and now Karima didn't know what to do. Her mind was going back and forth.

"Karima? I'm still on the phone you know."

Unfortunately. Karima could hang up. But she couldn't.

So she was going to do it.

  Something she knew she'd probably regret doing     for the rest of her life. 

                              FUCK IT

"I think I cheated on Emily."