Chapter Thirty-Nine: Drunk

Mavis' POV
"Ayos ka lang ba, princess?" tanong sa akin ni Ruxinaire sa hindi ko malaman kung pang -ilang beses na. "Kanina ka pa umiiyak."

I sniffed and buried my face even more to the pillow I am hugging. Nasa loob ako ng kuwarto na ibinigay sa akin ni Tito Ris nang una akong nakapasok sa mansyon nila. Ruxinaire is also with me right now, sitting in my bed, trying to calm my nerves down.

I shifted my head so that only half of my face was buried on the pillow as I glanced at him. "Ruxinaire, life is really testing me right now. Parang pinaparusa ako ng nasa taas."

He frowned and looked up. "I don't see anything or anyone whipping you though. "Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin at nagbato ng unan sa kanya. Tinawanan niya ako habang nasalo ang unan na binato ko sa kanya. "Chill. I'm just trying to cheer you up, Lia. Besides, hindi ka Niya pinaparusahan. Maybe, it's just an obstacle na binigay Niya sa'yo."

Bumalik ako sa pagkahiga ko sa kama at napabuntong-hininga. "Siguro nga. Pero kasi hindi ako kasing banal mo para maniwala man sa mga ganyang bagay." Umupo ako at tumingin sa kanya. "Sa tingin mo, talagang isang pagsubok lang 'to?"

He shrugged. "Hindi ko alam. Para sa'yo ba, Lia, anong sa tingin mo?"

"May kalaban na dumating sa buhay ko na gustong manira," sagot ko.

Tumawa siya. "Now, that's Miss Lia I know. Pero alam mo, princess, you could always think of Olivia as just an obstacle to know what is really your worth to this family. If you're really fit in to them. If you're really for Flare."

My eyes softened as I felt warmth in my chest. Ruxinaire really knows how to make me feel better. I punched his arm slightly and smiled. "Thanks, Rux."

"Anytime. Now..." He clapped his hands. "Wanna go and drink?"

"Ho-ho. Nag-aaya ka ngayon ah. Tignan naten kung sino ang low tolerance sa'tin. Sinusubukan mo ako kanina eh."

He smirked. "Game."

Flare's POV
I heard someone laughing at a distance as I passed to the kitchen. I stopped walking and listen to the laugh. That sounds familiar...I found myself walking towards the kitchen and my blood boils when I saw the scenery.It is Mavis laughing while holding a beer on her hand. Countless of beers are on top of the counter, a plate with junk foods, and its wrappers crumpled beside it. Beside Mavis was Ruxinaire, who is standing there with an open beer on one hand while looking softly at Mavis.

I clenched my fist in anger as I stomped way to them. When I stopped on track, Mavis turned to look at me. I grabbed her bottle of beer that's already half-drink and put it in the counter.

Her face is flushed, eyes are already cloudy with the amount of alcohol she drunk. How many bottles did she drink to get to this kind of state?

I grabbed her arm and pulled her up, trying my best to not put any heavy strength on her already drunk state. "Let's go," I said.

She laughed at me which made me stunned. "Nandito ka na pala. Ang jowa kong nanlalandi sa kanyang childhood fwiend," she said in a slurred voice. She let out a hiccup. "Kamusta naman ang samahan niyo? Musta naman ang *hiccup* pagkakant*t mo kay *hiccup* Olivia? Masa--*hiccup* Masarap ba ha?"

My heart throbbed in an unbearable pain. Her words strike like sharp dagger continuously stabbing me. But I won't waver. I won't let her see me getting affected by her words.

"You need to go back to your room. You're drunk," I stated calmly and pulled her again when she sat down again.

"Sir, with due respect, I'm her bodyguard. I could take her to her room whenever she--"