Chapter Thirty-Two: The Surprise (Getting Ready)

Flare's POV
I was staring at her beautiful face as she was sleeping peacefully in her bed.

I woke up after I fell asleep with her in the office and put her into her bed as she is breathing evenly. She is tired of all the documents she had been signing up for the last three days with sleepless nights and endless caffeine.

I brushed down my fingertips on her hair and caressed her soft cheeks as she breathes, her chest facing the bedsheets and one cheek pressed on a pillow. I hooked a thin strand of her hair from her face and put it behind her ear. I cupped her cheek and caressed it softly with my thumb.

She looks like an angel as she sleeps.

But even though she's gorgeous and I'm literally f*cking crazy for her, it just seems so illegal to fall for a former assassin who I just met as a new transferee to our school. It's been months already since I had met her and there are some developments as I may have witnessed and yet, it just felt... nostalgic and kind of funny to feel.

I was cold back then. Wanted just to tease her for the sake of quenching the thirst of boredom. Given her a nickname 'cause I wanted to tease her with it a little. But then, it all affected the thick walls I've built for myself. I seemed to have realized I was the one that put myself in this position--to fall in love with a woman I never expected to love.

I felt her suddenly jolted and whimpered. I retrieved my hand from her cheek and smiled at her as she slowly fluttered her eyes open. Our eyes meet. My heart feels like Cupid's arrow shot me then.

I leaned in towards her and kissed the crown of her head. "Morning, song thrush."

She smiled with a hint of laziness and closed her eyes once more, hugging the pillow she's using for her head. "Mornin', she replied. Her voice is raspy and low. She buried her face on the pillow and adjust her body so that her front body is facing the bedsheets.

"You're still tired?"

She nodded. "Hmm..." Then, there's silence between us. But then, she looked at me with one eye open, half closed and motioned her hand, signaling me to come to her.

I did as she wanted me to do, not knowing that she would suddenly pull me onto the bed, pushed me and my back hit the headboard and her going in between my legs, and wrapped her arms around my waist, burying her face on my neck as she inhaled.

My breathing hitched. I was in utter confusion of what happened. The f*ck just happened...?

Inside, I felt like something inside me wants to get out but at the same time. I was forcing myself not doing anything with my love. It is impossible to resist on touching her if she's this damn close but to think that she would not like it if I were going to touch her without her consent would be more of a hectic problem.

"S-Song thrush?" I called. She hummed as an answer. "H-Hey... Could you get off me? Please?"

"Why?" she whined and her hug tightened causing me to cough and groaned after.

F*ck, she's cute. I wish I could hold her right now.

"Mavis, I could not resist any longer if you continue this," I replied, clenching my fists, trying my best not to touch this beautiful, cute lady hugging me.

"It's fine. Touch me," she said and looked up at me with her morning eyes. "Let's rest. Let me rest, even just a little more..." she muttered and put her face back on my neck.

I sighed and hugged her back, caressing her back and touching the strands of her hair with my fingertips. I felt electrocuted when I felt the tip of her nose brushed on my neck so suddenly.