Three - First Day

Oh God, how did I manage to wake up late on my first day of class? Hurrying through the courtyard, I do that embarrassing half-run-half-jog thing in an effort to get to class on time. One episode of Teen Wolf last night turned into two... turned into four... until suddenly we were half way through the first series. I really like Roxanne who showed Waverly and I her five tattoos last night, and is so laid back and effortlessly cool. Unfortunately she might not prove to be a very good influence though, because we fell asleep on the couch and forgot to set our alarms.

I thought somebody had broken in and was murdering Waverly when I woke up to her screaming the house down about being late. We hurriedly got ready, and luckily had packed our bags before Roxanne arrived last night, so we just had to shove on our chosen outfit before scurrying off to school, taking a brunch bar to eat on the way. I managed to put a little mascara and lip-gloss on and run a brush through my hair before we left, so I don't feel like too much of a wreck. Waverly and I promised to find each other at lunch in the canteen before we raced to our classes.

The early September weather is pleasant and the leaves are showing the first signs of changing colours and shedding their summer skin, but I don't have time to stop and soak up the glorious rays, as I need to get to room 4b right now. Dashing in between the clumps of students idly walking along the wide corridors, my trainers squeak embarrassingly as I try to make sense of the complicated map. By the time I find my way to class, I am seven and a half minutes late and incredibly flustered, but I put on a brave face, knock on the door, and make my way in when instructed with a wince. Of course all eyes fly to me causing a fiery blush to swarm onto my cheeks. The professor looks at me disapprovingly over the slope of his round glasses, but beckons me in with a sigh.

"Late on the first day? That's not a great start to the year miss...?" He asks whilst gesturing in the air with his right hand.

"Erm Brook. Nell Brook." I reply awkwardly, fiddling with the strap of my handbag whilst the other forty-odd students chuckle quietly. "I'm so sorry it won't happen again sir." I promise.

"Ok Nell, in future please make sure you are here on time. I'm Professor Harrison, please sit down."

"Of course, sorry sir." I reply as I rush with my head down to the closest seat, located on the third row next to a handsome guy with flawless dark skin.

Hurriedly I pull my laptop out of my bag and settle in on the cream wooden desk. My heart is thumping in my chest and my hands feel clammy because of that embarrassing encounter, but hopefully I can redeem myself with hard work. I hope that my lateness won't brand me as a delinquent and negligent student - I haven't made many friends yet and I don't want to attract the wrong crowd. Goodness getting an education is so stressful and political! The professor then starts talking; introducing himself again and the course, and I take a moment to give an appreciative sweep of his appearance. He seems young - in his mid thirties, with good dress sense in a casual suit. Well at least he's something to look forward to in each lesson.

The guy sat next to me is definitely a serious piece of eye candy. He is hot and the confident smirk lining his lips says he knows it, and with well-defined features - a sharp jaw and angular cheekbones, he is certainly entitled to confidence. His eyes are as dark as his cropped hair, and watching me lazily as he leans back in his plastic chair and chews on his pen. I flash him a smile before turning to face the front and focusing on my first lecture. I still feel his eyes on me but decide to ignore it with a knowing smile.

I don't think I'm model pretty, but I have some good looks, and my body is pretty ok considering I've been dancing my entire life. My hair is naturally dark blonde but I highlight it lighter, and I have pale icy blue eyes, which I think are quite intricate. My nose has a small bump in it which I've always been self-conscious about, but I could never have plastic surgery considering I am terrified of all things needles and operations. My lips are naturally plump which is a bonus, and my skin is usually clear apart from the odd annoying pimple. As for my body, my legs and bum are definitely my best feature as they are toned and shapely because of all the dancing. My boobs are a simple B cup but they're perky, and I'm sure that having big boobs isn't the be all and end all, and they would just get in the way when I dance. I receive flirty looks and catcalls when I walk down the street some times, so at least I'm not ugly. Although I don't think anyone is ugly - beauty is in the eye of the beholder.