Seven - Sisters

It has been absolute torture wondering what Zander was going to say on Wednesday. It has kept me awake these past two nights, and has driven me crazy with options as to what he could have said. If I wasn't what? Flat chested? Annoying? Would he date me? Ah, I just can't take it! However, it's not as if I can just rock up to his apartment and ask him about it. He would think I was a psycho! Or at the very least it would cause an extremely awkward conversation.

Anyway, it is finally Friday, and I have decided to go and visit my sister Eden, as I only have class on Friday mornings, and I am not scheduled to work this week. She lives two and a half hours away by train and then a bus, and I am so excited to see her! We text everyday but we haven't seen each other in three weeks! I am going to help with the afternoon classes at her dance studio, and will get to dance myself, which I cannot wait for! I need a good stretch to release muscle tension.

She is currently in the middle of lessons, meaning I have some time to myself in Studio C until she finishes any moment now. The front wall is completely made out of mirrors, whilst light trickles in from the windows in the right wall, where I have half-heartedly closed the blinds as the sun was streaming in. I have slid into the splits, watching my form in the mirrors. It feels so good to stretch after I've done nothing for the last week. I make sure to really stretch my legs, back and arms out before I decide to do my solo, which I recently came first for. I search for the tune on my phone and turn the music up loud before crouching on the floor, which is my starting position.

Delicately I kick my right leg forward with pointed toes and flexed calf muscles, before pivoting in a revolving whirl of sharp precision and accurate grace. With every twirl, jump and turn I feel more and more home and soon become lost in the tinkling music and movements of my body. The entirety of my being advances in movement with purposeful clarity and absolute control. Dance is more then just a hobby; to me it is my passion, my ultimate goal and a huge part of my life. With one last pirouette, I fade to the floor in time with the gently fading classical music, right back to where I began.

"Woohoo! Nell that was amazing!" A sudden burst of applause and excitement makes me jump and drop my graceful hold.

"Eden!" I squeal as I run into her arms.

She immediately pulls me into a hug that threatens to yank us both to the floor, but we manage to stay upright. Eden and I are very similar in looks, although I am a couple of inches taller, she got mums foxy curves, and her hair is more of a honey blonde then platinum like mine. We are very close even though she is five years older, and she is definitely a loving role-model mother figure to me. When our own parents died, she became like my mum and helped to raise me along with our brothers. She always supports me and we tell each other everything, so she is up to date on the Zander situation. I can't wait until I graduate and can start working here in the dance studio with her! She taught me how to dance along with the rest of our family in these very walls.

"How are you Nellie? I've missed you so much! You looked so good on the dance floor!" She exclaims.

"Thanks Eedie. I was so lost in the moment I didn't realise you were there! And I'm good thank you, how are you? And of course I've missed you loads!"

"I know babe, it was so lovely watching you though. I can't wait until you work here! Ah, we are going to have the BEST time together. And I'm all right just a little tired... Zach kept me up all night." She winks with a happy giggle.

When I say we tell each other everything, I mean everything. Even things I really don't need to know about, like her sex life with her hunk of a boyfriend.

"Eww no please not my virgin ears!" I squeal dramatically as I plaster my hands over them.

"Don't worry you already know everything you need too." She chuckles. "Anyway what about you and Zander? Has anything else happened since last time we spoke?" She asks with a wiggle of her eyebrows.

"Sadly no, I still don't know what he was going to say! It is driving me crazy." I sigh.

"Well I'm betting that you'll be together by the end of the year." Eden determines making me playfully roll my eyes. She has always been little miss positive.

"I wish!"

"I'm serious! You would be so perfect together, and you should see the way he looks at you. That boy is in love, he just hasn't realised it yet. And you're both in college now. He can't ignore the fact that you're a beautiful young woman, so anything could happen."

"I don't think so. He's too loyal to Isaac and Owen. You know they've warned their friends not to even look at me." I grumble.

"You can't let bloody Isaac and Owen ruin your chances at love Nell! I say Owen will get over it pretty quickly when he sees how in love you two are, but Isaac may be a little harder as he is definitely the most emotional even though he acts tough. He's just like Kai - very protective of his family and friends, although I'm sure he'll accept it after a while. Kai made my teen years a living hell, always scaring away any potential boyfriends."

"You've always been lucky in love Eden! Even with Kai on your back, you had like four serious boyfriends before you were twenty! All the boys wanted you, whereas my love life is just depressing and non-existent." I sigh as I lean back against the mirrored wall.

"All the boys want you too Nell! You're gorgeous, you just don't realise as you are too hung up on Zander." Eden points out. "And I kind of wish I hadn't had any boyfriends before I met Zach. He is my soulmate and the only person I ever want to be with." She sighs dreamily.

"You definitely hit the gold mine with that one." I agree.

Eden and Zach have the cutest relationship story ever. He saved her from getting mugged two years ago when she was separated from her friends on a night out, and pretty much fell in love with her at first sight. They exchanged numbers and grew closer until he inevitably asked her out, and have been together ever since. They live in a cute little apartment and he is fiercely loyal, never letting his eyes stray. If he did I doubt he would live to see another day considering Kai, Isaac and Owen would not let him get away with it.

"Talking about Zach and me, you need to hurry up and finish college. He keeps talking about having a baby, and I don't think Mel and Dante are experienced enough to run the studio on their own yet." Eden reveals, referencing the two trainee dance teachers.

"What? OML Eden that is so exciting!" I squeal and attack her with another hug. "You will have beautiful babies! I can't wait to be an aunty again, but you know I have only just started college right? I still have two years to go." I pout.

"I know I know, I don't think we'll wait that long though. Zach is pretty insistent and persuasive." Eden giggles.

"Eww." I laugh. "Oh I am so excited! You will be the best mum!" I gush, feeling joy enter my heart.

"I hope so! It's pretty scary but I'm sure I'll have lots of help with you and Zach's parents. Anyway, the 8-12 year old ballet class will start arriving soon. Let's go get ready for them." Eden exclaims with a clap of her hands.

"Of course. Oh, I'm so excited for you to get pregnant! I can't wait to teach them how to dance!" I exclaim causing her to giggle.

"Me too! I'm still working on persuading Kai and Pippa to move closer so that I can teach little Harvey. I suspect they will be having another soon, you know Kai has always wanted a big family." Eden comments just as we hear the door open and a flurry of excited childish chatter fills the lobby.

She sends me a look that says we will continue this conversation later before we move to welcome the class. I feel the familiar thrill of doing what I love and do best – dancing, start to fill me. I bounce on my toes as a grin fills my features, knowing I am about to have a taste of my dream job - working with children teaching them dance.

I love Eden and Nell so much! They are sister goals! xoxo

Edited