Fifteen - The Kiss

Tonight I have dragged Rylan from his smelly apartment (seriously, I had to open a window, the stench of boy too strong) to my brother's where I know Zander will more then likely be hanging out. If he isn't I'll wait for him to inevitably show up. It's not as if I have two essays and a thesis to write. My plan is for Rylan to ask if he can take me out on an official date in front of Zander, and hopefully get a rise out of him. If his jealousy yesterday is anything to go by, I'm expecting an eruption.

"Do I have to do this Nell? I am seriously worried about being bruised. I'm too pretty to be punched." Rylan pouts making me giggle.

"Stop being a baby I promise they won't hurt you." I assure him, rolling my eyes playfully as we arrive at my brother's door.

"Ok but if I need stitches then I'm charging you." He grumbles as I knock.

"Yeah yeah you'll be fine - be a man." I tease as the door is pulled open revealing a topless Isaac in joggers.

"Hey Nell is everything alright? Oh, I see you brought your 'friend'." He frowns as he crosses his arms, weirdly intimidating Rylan who is a couple of inches taller then him at six foot three.

"Yes I'm fine, do you have room for two more?" I ask with a bright smile as I squeeze Rylan's hand who mumbles a 'hello'.

"Fine." Isaac rolls his eyes as he opens the door further.

Inside there are four pizza boxes messily strewn around the lounge, music is blaring and Owen and Adam (the boys other good friend) are playing a Star Wars game on their huge TV. Adam waves at us as we walk in, a sweet man who has always been small for a guy (he's only five foot seven), but his Brazilian heritage makes him very pleasing to look at. The boy's have been close with him since high school so I know him quite well, and he is just like another brother. His girlfriend Larnie is barely five foot making them a perfect couple, and is currently snuggled between his legs almost as engrossed in the game as he is. Their new college friend Ethan is on the couch with his current girlfriend Peach (like the fruit as she always reiterates) and one of Isaac's football mates Chase is also in the room. Ethan is ginger but actually rocks the look with piercing green eyes and pale skin which seems to glow, and Peach is curvy with the most beautiful midnight-black skin and corn rows down to her ass. Chase is your typical American golden boy with sun-bleached hair neatly combed, impressive muscles and a reputation with the ladies.

I freeze and try not to scream when I notice that Viv is unexpectedly in the room, sprawled over Zander's lap and he is holding her close. Jealousy burns my heart as I try not to glare at them, and squeeze Rylan's hand a little harder then necessary. If I look jealous then Zander looks livid, with a deep frown set in his features and his green eyes flashing darkly. I simply raise my eyebrows defiantly and step closer to Rylan, showing what he's missing out on.

"Hi Nell! I totally love your silky corset! You look so hot girl!" Viv chuckles, being infuriatingly nice.

Gah, I wish I could just rip those bronde curls right off her head! Calm down Nell... Violence is never right.

"Ha, thanks." I smile tightly before ignoring them both and pulling Rylan onto a spare space on the couch next to me.

Owen turns around from his space on the floor to stare between Rylan and me, unfortunately resulting in Adam defeating him. Adam and Larnie whoop in success whilst Owen curses, glaring at Rylan and me.

"Damn it, now I have to do his washing for a week!" Owen groans.

"Tough luck dude, a deals a deal. I'll hand you the first batch tomorrow." Adam grins as Larnie pulls him down into a deep kiss, his hands tangling in her long dark locks.