Nineteen - Work Visit

It has been four days since Rylan and I revealed to the world that we are 'dating'. Zander has been in a foul mood all week and has hardly spoken to anyone, let alone me. It is still bugging me that I never found out what he wanted to say, but I know I'll never get it out of him now, as he either ignores me or sends me a hateful glare. I do feel a little sorry for Viv. She is constantly trying to get his attention, but he is shutting her out. Looking like a kicked puppy is her new signature expression.

Even Isaac noticed that he hasn't been very happy and blunt all week, as he called him out at lunch with a simple 'what crawled up your ass and died bro?' Zander didn't have a response; he just rolled his eyes and left.

News of Rylan and I has spread around the college, and lots of people I have never even met have come up to me with congratulations. It is pretty embarrassing really, and I'm not sure how I feel about us actually being 'official'. Before it was just fun and games, but now it is serious and there is pressure from strangers for us to act like a couple. To signify our relationship we put a cute picture of us on our Instagram's, and have been holding hands around college. Thank goodness we haven't been pressured into kissing (yet). I have a feeling it will feel like smooching one of my brothers, which is incredibly disturbing.

I do wonder (and hope) that Zander's bad mood is because of our official status, but there is no way of telling with him.

Tonight I am on the Friday night shift with Amanda and John which is annoying, as I'd rather be going out for dinner with Waverly, or even just relaxing at home. At least Amanda is being nice to me now that everyone knows I am 'with' Rylan. It has been quite busy tonight, although it is quietening down now as it comes to the end of my shift. As the door dings open and obnoxious laughter fills the air I stiffen as I make a caramel latte, able to recognise that voice from anywhere. A quick glance behind me tells me I am right, as I notice Viv, Ava and Chelsie walking with a sway of their hips up to the counter.

Anyone will tell you that these are the three hottest girls on campus. Viv is best friends with both of them but Ava and Chelsie have a love-hate relationship, battling for top dog. It is quite embarrassing being caught in a crumpled 'Ruby's' shirt with my hair messily thrown back by the college's hottest girls, so I keep my head down and hope that they don't know I'm here. The Lord knows I do not want to speak to any of them.

"Nell! Hey Nell!" Viv's annoyingly sugary voice calls out from behind me.

Darn it!

"Oh, hi girls!" I call out with a fake smile as I spin around and give the waiting customer her drink.

"What can I get you beautiful ladies?" John asks with a flirty voice making Chelsie giggle.

"Nothing thank you, we want to be served by Nell." Viv requests politely, making me roll my eyes behind her back.

What did I do to deserve this?

"Oh... Ok no problem. Nell, these ladies want you." John calls out with a trace of disappointment in his voice.

"Sure." I reply as I make my way over. "What can I get you?" I ask as I take John's place, giving them a pearly-white smile.

Are they just trying to embarrass me or something?

"Oh we don't want anything." Ava announces as she taps away on her phone, her nails (which are around the same length as her fingers) clacking annoyingly.

She is wearing a tight pair of leather pants and cropped vest top, showing off her belly button and nipple piercings, as well as her enviable pear-shaped body. It isn't hard to see why boys like her so much - she may be head cheerleader but she is certainly not the cliché dumb blonde, as she is taking advanced math classes with Isaac. She is hot in an edgy kind of way.

"Yeah we are fine for drinks, but I actually wanted to come to invite you to my party tomorrow, as you are friends with Zander. He told me you work here and I wanted to invite you personally." Viv reveals with an excited smile.

Gee, let me think...

"Thank you Viv, that is very kind of you, but I can't because I already have plans with my friend Waverly." And there is no way I want to witness you all over Zander again...

"Aww what a shame!" She pouts, actually looking genuinely saddened. "I'll tell Zandy you can't make it when he comes over tonight after his gym session." She replies with a smile.

"He's going over to yours?" I blurt out.

"Yeah, we're dating silly; we see each other all the time." She giggles as the others stand there looking bored, her big brown eyes sparkling like honey in sunlight.

Her curls have been combed up into a bun, showing off her symmetrical and defined features. Seriously, she is on the same cheekbone level as Angelina Jolie. Her smile is wide and lips plump - of course Zander likes her, and she has a curvy figure to match her perfect face. Are they sleeping together? Probably. That's what boyfriends and girlfriends do, but it doesn't soften the blow or deep jealousy that strikes me to my very core. Ugh... just the thought of them tangled up together makes me want to vomit.

"Well I am sad you can't come Nell, but we should totally hang out sometime!" Viv squeals, not noticing my darkening expression.

"Yeah... sure." I murmur, feeling shaken.

"Oh, do me a favour Nell - if you see that friend Roxanne of yours tell her to stay away from Isaac. He is mine and I don't like it when she opens his apartment door in nothing but a towel." Ava huffs.

"I don't like it either! I'm only willing to share him with one person." Chelsie ads in with her posh English accent.

"Oh... Erm ok, sorry when did this happen?" I ask.

"Yesterday. You know it is so annoying, everything was going smoothly with Isaac and I knew we were going to take it to the next step, when suddenly that whore showed up out of nowhere and now he's obsessed with her!" Ava complains. "I'm head cheerleader, we have the same IQ level and my parents are rich... Why doesn't he want me anymore?' She huffs.

"I'm not sure... Are you sure it was yesterday?" I ask, confused as they were together last weekend as well.

"Yes, did I stutter?" Ava cocks an eyebrow.

"No... Sorry I was just surprised. I thought they had a one time thing." I murmur absentmindedly.

"It looks like we all did." Ava sighs grumpily.

I haven't really seen Roxie much since we had that little argument (well, her getting pissed at me for no reason), but we have spoken a bit at work and she's been fine. I thought she was just busy with college or whatever, but now I'm wondering whether she has been getting busy with my brother.

"Can we go now? I'm starving." Chelsie moans as she hitches up her baby pink skirt even more.

"Yes we should get going... Well see you soon! Ciao girl." Viv winks and the others share their goodbyes before the hot threesome make their way out of the cafe, all of the men's eyes in the room glued to their retreating figures.

With a sigh, I return to work, but I can't get the thought of Zander and Viv sleeping together out of my mind. I know that Isaac, Owen, Zander and Adam all go to the gym in their apartment building every Friday night before they go out until the early hours of the morning, and I am really tempted to go to see them. Only to find out what is going on between Roxie and Isaac though, as I heard him say once that he doesn't make it a habit of sleeping with a girl more then once. Is it possible he caught feelings? Could Roxie be the one to pin him down?

My sudden want to exercise has nothing to do with the fact I could stall and hopefully prevent Zander from going to Viv's of course.

Edited

Getting closer to the end now loves xoxo