Chapter Eight.

Private Message created...

K: Hey Jaehee... I know this probably sounds crazy, but are you real?

Kara then sat her phone down on the coffee table and walked into the kitchen. She can't wrap her head around everything that is happening. Sure, the Christmas party was a distraction for a little while,  but now she is home with nothing but time to think. Aside from the fact that they're all real, it's driving Kara crazy that Seven knows almost every detail of her life. Charlotte was the only person that knows everything about Kara and she wanted it to stay that way.

Kara heard her phone chime and hurried to check it. She read who the notification was from and it was another message from Vanderwood.

"Ugh. Vanderwood, not now. Wait...OMG. SHIT. " Kara said to herself as she started freaking out.She just came to the realization that she sent a picture of herself to Vanderwood. Not just a regular selfie either...she was making a stupid face and in nothing but a towel...

Kara's face started getting red and got even more red the more she thought about it. She is so embarrassed and honestly feels really stupid for not thinking something was weird about being able to send a picture. Kara thought about what the message Vanderwood sent might say.  She decided that won't hurt to just read his messages.  Kara tapped on Vanderwood's name on the app which opened their conversation.

Stark: What kind of face are you even making in that picture? And why do you want to see what I look like??

Stark: Ugh whatever...

Stark:

"Damn...He's actually really handsome," Kara mumbled. She could feel her cheeks warm up, just by looking at the photo. Although she thought that the RFA wouldn't look like how they do in the game, they do. Kara noticed a little to late that when she said 'Damn, He's handsome' out loud, she accidentally sent that as a message to Vanderwood, too. Again, Kara was in a state of embarrassment and couldn't figure out a way to unsend the message. She sighed and just sat her phone on the coffee table.

As Kara sat there waiting for Jaehee to reply to her message, she decided that she should probably attempt to get her thoughts in order. She stood up from the couch, and traveled to her room to retrieve a notebook and an ink pen. Kara then made her way back to the living room and sat on the couch with her legs propped up. She opened the notebook to a clean sheet and wrote PROS and CONS on the top of the page. Kara figured that a pro and con list would be the easiest way to decide whether she should pretend like this never happened, or keep talking to the RFA.

CONS: Seven knows everything about my life.

The embarrassing conversation with Vanderwood...

Probably lots of other things that I can't even think of at the moment...

PROS: I'm starting to feel a real connection with all of them.