•°Proudly Sung°• George Harrison •°Chapter Two°•

Story idea all goes to Paulsbrokenaglass69. Thank you so much for requesting it! Such a sweetheart!

Fall, 2001.
You've started to take down any free time on your schedule to be with your father, who was currently fighting a battle with lung cancer.
It was only two years after the knife attack from an intruder, which ultimately scared you to death, now, you wanted to be with your father through anything, trying to do anything to make him feel better.
He had gotten so pale, constantly tierd and weak of doing anything, which is why you needed to be with him, sadly your mother couldn't help him.
... She died from the intruder the year of 1999, George was indeed, very heart broken, constantly packing on the smokes, she was the love of his life, and that man's coward nature and being took her away.
Then there was you, the very piece of your mother, the only piece of her he had left, her kindess, her caring nature, you're his everything, because your mom was his everything.
Getting lost in thought as you were reading a book by his hospital bedside, you couldn't even sleep, the stress of losing your father was already enough to keep you awake.
It was 5:30, looking up from your book, you couldn't help but feel your eyes get flooded by tears, nose starting to burn, it was the sight of him, he didn't look like himself.. that made your mind fill with memory's of him. Taking you with him on tour, teaching you to play the sitar, and just simple hugs were enough to make you cry, now knowing he wouldn't be around to enjoy more memory's with the time you had.
Burying your face in your hands, you started to sob, shoulders hunched up, not even noticing your book fall on the floor, causing George to stir in his sleep and open his eyes ever so slightly, to see you crying, it softly broke his heart, he didn't want anyone to cry for him, surely.
Reaching his hand out, shaking, he ever so gently held one of your wrists.
"Aw.. what's the matter, peanut?" His tierd voice spoke out, all of this caused you to look back at him, placing his hand on his side for him.
"You should be resting, it's late,"
"I know, I know.. but I couldn't sleep knowing I have to tell you goodbye." George responded, calmly, holding your hand, his pale one gripping yours not too tightly.
"Dad, don't say that, you're going to get b-better, I-I promise, I-I promised you..!" You replied, tears pouring out your eyes, droplets falling on your knees.
"Baby, baby.. you can't promise anything when it comes to this.. it's time for me to go, I'm finally able to see mum after all, aren't I?" George smiled weakly at you, eyes now getting glassy with tears.
"I-I can promise y-you one thing, pop.."
"What's that, hm?"
"Never rush.. well, I won't rush you, take your time while I play.." You replied, getting up out his grip and walking over to your bag, where your sitar rested in a corner next to it, picking it up and sitting back down, holding it properly.
"Oh.. that? You've become quite skillful at it.." George said, his head turned to you, listening to you play Love You To without singing the lyrics, you sort of wanted it to be quiet, memorable.
George watched, more tears rolling down his cheeks, smiling weakly at the sight of you, the image of a wonderous child in his eyes, the last thing he sees before he dies is his child, a piece of himself and the love of his life, the result is the being he's most proud of, placing his hand on your knee, he finally said,
"Love One Another."
Looking back up at him again, you saw his eyes were now closed, hearing the heart monitor drop flat..
Tears began to flood out your eyes again, placing your sitar on the ground, you held his pale hand.
"Dad.. d-dad.. I-I love you, dad.." You sobbed out, leaning forward and sobbing on his unbreathing chest.
You didn't think any of this was real, you knew it was going to happen someday, surely. But to actually experience it, is so much darker and word stopping, though it can be a letting go feeling, it's better to let someone to when they're in so much pain, they're finally able to go to heaven where they can be free from pain and suffering, enjoying watching who they love grow.
The doctor saw the state you were in, quietly walking in and turning the monitor off, he left shutting the door behind him, letting you have your moment to let it all go with your father.
6:02.
You started to not even notice how long you sobbed against your father, until you snapped out your state when you felt some warmth rise against your back, looking up at the open window, you saw the sun slowly starting to rise, perfectly filling the room, you looked back at your father, the sunlight over his face. Squeezing his hand gently, you smiled weakly down at him.
"Here comes the sun.." You said.

Oh my word, I'm in tears.
I'm not too sure what to say, other than George Harrison is a spectacular man, full of wonder, light and love.
I wish I could tell him how much of a huge influence he's been on me, not only for music, but for making me feel better when I feel down, not to sound like a fan girl or anything, I just feel I should say my feelings, thank you everyone for reading, make sure to take care of yourself. Make sure to remind yourself that you are a human being that is all full of brightness and wonder, love yourself first, care and empathy lays in the heart, use it for yourself, love yourself first.
Stay safe, everyone, have a wonderful day/night, I love you all dearly.