Chapter 7 - Who knows?

Point of View: Chris Cornell

I woke up on Sean and Jerry's floor, next to Eddie, Stone, and Jeff.

I sat up, and shook Eddie's side. "Eddie. Eddie wake up." I whispered.

Eddie groaned, and opened his eyes. "What?"

"I think we all passed out on Jerry's floor."

"Who all's here?"

I looked around the room. "Us, Stone, Jeff, Sean, and some other guy." I whispered.

I rolled over, and shook Stone, and Jeff awake. "Guys."

Stone woke up immediately, but it took Jeff a minute to even notice that someone touched him.

"What?" Stone asked, rubbing his head.

"We passed out here. We gotta head out."

Jeff grabbed his jacket, and cuddled up to it. "Cant we just lay here? Sean and Jerry wont care."

"Did Jerry ever come back anyways?" Eddie asked.

"I dont think so." I told him. "Come on Jeff. I'm your only ride home and I'm going now."

Jeff groaned and stood up. "Fine. But I'm not going out to do something again. I plan on going home, and going back to sleep."

I chuckled, and stood up- grabbing Eddie's hand to help him up.

We all got in the car, and drove home. I took Stone to his parents house, Jeff to his apartment, and Eddie and I went to our own place.

I jumped in bed, and covered up, cuddling up to Eddie once he climbed in next to me. "I'm so tired." I said, muffled into his back.

Eddie turned over to face me, and smiled. "Me too."

I moved his hair behind his ear. "Last night was fun."

"Was it?" He asked.

"Mhm."

Eddie laughed, and nuzzled into my chest.

"Do you know that Layne guy that people were saying Jerry ran off with?" I asked Ed.

"I think hes that guy that sang in in that band that played the free show the other night." He told me.

"That blonde guy? That was like an 18th birthday party thing right?"

Eddie nodded.

"At least Jerry's only 23."

Eddie silently nodded again.

"You're tired arent you?"

Another nod.

I lightly kissed his forehead, and wrapped my arms around him. "We can just sleep then."

***

New Point of View: Jerry Cantrell

I woke up next to Layne in his bed. I rubbed my eyes, and sat up, noticing it was the next day. Early.

I laid back down, and almost fell back asleep, till I heard Layne.

"You're still here?" He asked.

"Yeah. Guess I passed out last night." I sat back up, and looked at him. His eyes were barely open, and he was still curled up.

"I should probably head back home. Sean's probably wondering where I went last night." I continued.

Layne rolled on his back, and finally opened his eyes all the way. "Can I see you again?"

The way he asked sounded genuine.

I smiled, and kissed his cheek. "Of course Layne."

He smiled back, then sat up. "I wanna hear you play guitar again."

I grabbed my guitar off of his floor, and put the strap over my shoulder, swinging my guitar to my back.

"When I come back."

Layne playfully saluted me. "I'll be here."

I chuckled. "Good."

I walked out, and waved at one of his bandmates that was sitting on the couch. He looked at me confused, then I walked out, and went home.

***
When I walked in, Sean was drinking a glass of water. "Where were you last night? Everyone was looking for you. Mainly Stone and Mike but- yea."

"Why was Mike looking for me?" I asked.

"You never said who would be our bassist and lead singer. You just kinda disappeared."

"Oh..shit. I was at Laynes."

"What..did you go makeout with him and forget about everyone?"

"No. I was playing guitar for Layne outside when everyone went back in cause he asked to hear me play.. then Stone came out all drunk trying to kiss me. I guess Layne got jealous and wondered off. He said he was going home.. so I walked him." I pointed at Sean. "And nothing happened. Well- we kissed.. and he told me he was jealous of Stone. I guess the kid feels some type of way for me. I felt bad so I just laid in bed with him. Must've fallen asleep." I explained.

"Oh. I didn't know that. I'm thinking you feel something for him too."

"What do you mean?"

"Come on Jerry. You laid in bed with him cause you felt bad. We all know your more of the 'make out' type. Not the 'let's just lay here quietly for a bit' type. Plus.. you guys obviously felt comfortable enough with each other  to sleep all night."

I shrugged, and took out a cigarette. "I guess. He asked if I'd come back later. Said he wants to hear me play guitar again."

Sean smiled at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You wanna go back dont you? Not just to make out either. You're taking your time with him." Sean said.

"I'm going back because hes a nice guy and he asked." I told him.

"He doesnt want you back to hear you just play guitar Jer. Come on man- he likes you." Sean gave me a side hug. "He wants you in his presence."

I shook my head. "You're a dumb ass. You know that?"

"Again. Stupid is as stupid does Jerry."