Chapter 13 - Let Me Help

Point of View: Eddie Vedder

Chris came back with a damp rag. I flinched when he put the cold rag on my leg.

"You couldnt use warmer water?" I asked.

"You're not supposed to put hot water over wounds. Itll burn like crazy." He explained.

Chris messed with my damp curls. "I'm sorry you got hurt."

I looked up at him. "Its okay. It's not your fault. I thought I had it but I guess not. Sorry I ruined the date."

Chris wiped sand off of my forehead before kissing it. "Dont be."

He took the rag off and stood up. "I'm gonna pull the suit off all the way so I can get to your ankle cut."

I nodded, and wiggled around, helping him get it off of me.

He looked at me with wide eyes. "You didnt tell me that you had no boxers on."

I laughed. "The boxers I have arent meant to be warn under wetsuits."

Chris quickly ran off, and grabbed a towel to lay over my dick.

I laughed at his actions, then watched as he softly patted at my wounds. He softly wiped leftover sand off of my body with the rag. He was so gentle with me.

"I'll get you some boxers. I'm gonna change too. I can feel sand in places where there shouldn't be sand." Chris said.

We both laughed. I could hear Chris' wet footsteps hitting the ground all the way to the room. He came back in boxers and a t-shirt. A pair of boxers in his own hand.

"Those arent mine." I said.

"How do you know the difference between mine and your boxers?"

I smirked at him. "I know what I get."

"Well now you're getting mine." Chris gently moved my legs, as he helped me slip on my boxers. He moved the towel, pulling them up to my waist.

My leg wasnt even that bad. I could be doing this all on my own. But he wanted to take care of me. I could tell. I didn't want to ruin this sentimental moment for him.

I kinda liked it anyway.

It's been months since I've seen this side of Chris. Gentle. Calm. It's a side no one sees often. Especially his fans and other people that didnt know him like I do. I wish more people did see this side though.

Chris wasnt just this angsty man that Jokes around too much, and is ready to throw his shirt off on stage at any moment.

He was soft. And gentle.

I sat up, and grabbed the towel, running it all over my hair to dry it. Chris took it next and did the same.

"You think Matt and Stones doing good?" I asked Chris.

"I'm sure. Matt's probably shy as hell right now. Hes not big on being openly into men."

"You think hell get scared and back out?"

Chris shrugged. "Maybe. You think Layne will get tired of Jerry and leave him like Stone did?"

"I dont know Layne too much. But he does seem too loving to be someone's fuck buddy. Hes young too. He might be confused on what they've got going on."

"Maybe Jerry will fall in love this time and actually fucking date someone."

I laughed. "Maybe"

Chris laid next to me on the couch and we just watched T.V. all night.

This was better than any beach date.

Which was saying a lot.